• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-ray Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft Name: Grimask

Reason for your ban: X-raying/getting a lot of Diamonds.

Who banned you: I forgot her name.

Why should you be unbanned: I had to lie when me and Dreggsao were caught, at the time Dregg and I were in the VC, we both were having fun mining to look for some ores until he out of nowhere admitted that he's using X-ray and gave me the link to the X-ray texture pack I was thinking to myself "Oh cool." so then I downloaded it and tested it for a bit by mining towards a lava lake but when I got 22 diamonds isn't when I was X-raying, around the time when a member of Staff was watching us (We didn't notice her until she teleport us both to confess.) Dregg got the diamond of that he will say if he sees diamonds and I would mine it, and I agreed to it. How this technique worked is Dregg would find a diamond and he would command me to face left or right (Pretty much toward the wall) and then told me to mine forward or downwards until I find diamonds, we kept doing this technique until we were caught by a member of staff (If you were the person who banned me from the server please reply as soon as you can.) Dregg said "Just say it's you because I have a warning." I then replied back "Okay." so then instead of him admitting, I admitted that I was X-raying. Little did I know that X-raying is a horrible offence. But the thing I didn't find fair is he got away with a warning. I do get it, it's wrong that both of us did it.

Why do you want to come back: I really enjoy the server because of the use of plugins and the community itself, I was building an underground bunker in my plot and I love to vote and rank up. I was part of this community until I made this offence.

To contact me or both of us on Discord
Me: Grimask#3588
Dregg: QuickTub92552#4248

I have checked the logs and can confirm that is was Dreggsao who was using xray at the time that I caught you, and he has been banned aswell. Since you have admitted to using xray you will still need to appeal. Please answer these questions fully with at least four sentences per question:

Why is X-raying bad?

How does X-raying affect other players?

How does X-raying affect the server's economy?
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

(05-30-2019, 12:52 AM)Penguin Wrote: I have checked the logs and can confirm that is was Dreggsao who was using xray at the time that I caught you, and he has been banned aswell. Since you have admitted to using xray you will still need to appeal. Please answer these questions fully with at least four sentences per question:

Why is X-raying bad?

Why is X-raying bad? 

X-raying is obviously classified as cheating. As it makes it easier to find ores but if you look at the other player's side who are obeying the rules, it can frustrate them. Although X-rays allows you to see through the walls and see another player's base giving you an big advantage when griefing an underground base which makes it an unfair. Basically X-raying is like going into Spectator mode and being able to mine blocks without an admins permission.

X-raying can affect players depending on what they've done. It can be from mining ores to griefing an unclaimed underground base, one example can be that you've once spent months finishing building an underground base but you've forgot to claim it but you log out for a day until you log back in to find your base destroyed and your items being stolen. Sounds really terrible but that's why X-raying can lead to Perm bans.

Let's say that you have everyone X-raying in the server. The Server wouldn't be earning as much and because the whole community is now X-raying meaning, a huge ton of bans, decrease of player count and probably can led to the server shutting down which could mean Hometownmc would start all over again. Once it's gone forever the problem is that there will be refunds for the VIP ranks and purchases for the server.

Thank you for responding as soon as possible I do realise this is a bad mistake but hopefully I will be unbanned but also I will never X-ray again.
-Grimask

Your ban has been changed to a tempban and will be lifted in 30 days.
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

(05-30-2019, 02:27 AM)Penguin Wrote: Your ban has been changed to a tempban and will be lifted in 30 days.
Okay I appreciate that.