Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My ban
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord):smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: Ropercrew

Reason for your ban: Greifing of the gold farm, 

Who banned you: Illogical

Why should you be unbanned: the hopper was facing the wrong way and i couldn't place it back again and the farm was breaking after a few minuets and the furnace getting clogged up and items couldn't get send down into the chest and i took it upon my self to fix it as it looked like a simple fix, i couldn't place anything down to try and fix it, i should of left a sign but i didn't have anything on me at the time.

Why do you want to come back: Because it is a fun server and I have many plans to make the best farms on the server.

So our definition of grief covers modifying any player-made structures without express permission from the owner of the structure, for future reference.

To consider you for unbanning I'm gonna need a couple sentences for each of these questions

Why is griefing/modifying builds without permission bad?

If you accidentally break something in someone's build, what should you do?

What have you learned from this experience?

Why is griefing/modifying builds without permission bad? griefing is bad becuase in the nature its not yours to mess around with and people put hard work in to what they do, modifying without their permission is half and half as for say you could be fixing a problem and forget to ask or say what happened however they could have designed a system for a certain way and by trying to fix it broke the entire thing.
If you accidentally break something in someone's build, what should you do? if you cant do anything else put a sign down saying who and what did and did what, and if that doesn't work put a form on the forms and write them a message.
What have you learned from this experience? i now know that modifying a build regardless of what without permission is strictly prohibited no matter that circumstance and should always ask before doing any modification.

Thank you for your responses.
For clarification, if you accidentally break something, it's generally best to contact a staff member if one is available and let them know so they can fix it and it doesn't show up in logs later and look like grief. But if none is available, /mail the person or a staff member and let them know

You have been unbanned
Welcome back to hometown!

When i try to join the server it says i am whitelisted im not sure if the server is updating or something beucase it says no one is online not sure if its my end or what is going on.

So the server is going through an update right now, and at the moment only server staff are whitelisted to be able to get online. The whitelist has nothing to do with your ban and when it's lifted you'll be able to log in as normal

ahh thanks for letting me know, i was wondeirng why, because nothing was written on the server announcements form.