• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SERVER RESET? (Not clickbait!!) (Emotional! Graphic!) (Rated X for xcellent content!)
(09-06-2019, 09:20 AM)Arrei Wrote: So my question is, are we certain a server reset will actually help? The prevalent sentiment about 1.14 seemed to be that it was just a laggy mess overall for large multiplayer servers. Have there been reports coming in that SMP servers that started totally anew have experienced significantly better performance?

The addition of a second world (the 1.13+ world) added another source of lag. As frost put it "we were basically running 2 servers on one" so we're fairly confident a reset will help. Also, the sheer amount of player data stored on the server could be bogging it down a bit so deleting it all and creating a fresh start for us and the server could (and should) alleviate some of our problems.

(09-06-2019, 09:10 AM)Saiyaka Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 08:11 AM)Star Wrote: I still have questions!!!!!!!!!!!
A: Okay, ask below!

Will I be able to keep my fleshlight collection?

Will this map just be added as another map to old.hometownmc.com, or will it replace the one on there?

Old.hometownmc.com recently closed and the old map was deleted. We hope to see this map moved there after we reset or before.
Professional Land Remover

Messages In This Thread
RE: SERVER RESET? (Not clickbait!!) (Emotional! Graphic!) (Rated X for xcellent content!) - by EMC_ - 09-06-2019, 09:42 AM