Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: warriorcats1010

Reason for your ban: xray

Who banned you: grimm_wolf

Why should you be unbanned: I've been playing on hometown for years now, since 2013. I quit Minecraft a while back and I decided to play again during this period of time on quarantine. Although I admit to wrongfully xraying, there are no justifications for my actions, not only did we cheat ourselves, we cheated the server as well as the server economy. I made a huge mistake that unfortunately i have to take the consequences for. While being laid off of work I decided to entertain myself back onto Minecraft with all of my friends. Since hometown was not only my favourite server, but the only server I played on, I would like to continue if I was ever given the opportunity to do so. Hometown has an incredible community that many other servers lack. For example, even being given a chance to appeal my rightfully so ban shows the care the admin and staff have for their community. I admit to wrongfully xraying after a friend of mine told what it was but given the circumstances I sincerely apologize for my cheap, dirty actions. I understand what I did was wrong and I made a huge mistake resulting in a huge loss for not only myself, but my best friend. I would love to continue to play on this server with no problems being involved. If I was ever given a second chance I would guarantee that X-raying would never be used again as I already deleted it off my computer (I can take pictures to prove it). Nonetheless, I understand what I did was wrong in so many ways, after taking this time to reflect upon my actions I cannot express the deepest amount of apologizes I have for my actions. It would be an incredible blessing if I can learn and grow from this experience and continue to  play Minecraft with my best friends while we all have the time to do so. With whatever decision that has been made, I would like to thank the community for the support they have for their players and I also respect whatever decision that is made. 
Once again, thank you for your time and opportunity. 

Kindest regards,
Warriorcats1010

Heyo. Before we begin, it's in your best interest to know that a successful x-ray appeal still results in a 30day temp-ban as a probationary period. Also, because I'm busy this evening, this will be short and kinda automated between the two of you. That being said, I'm glad to see you being honest with me, it's appreciated. Because of that, it's going to be a straight-forward process. I'm going to ask you a series of questions, which you will respond to with three (3) sentences per question.

- Why is x-raying against the rules?
- How does x-raying affect the server?
- What have you learned from this experience?
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

X-raying is against the rules because it cheats the system. X-raying not only breaks your trust within the staff/community but it also cheats yourself of the game! It is not about having the most diamonds, its about your experience on getting them, in the most honest way. The reason why it's against the rules because it is unfair to all of the other players who play the right way without cheating.

X-raying affects the server in a negative manor. It affect the servers economy as someone who used x-ray to sell items make profit in an unfair way. It also takes away from the players who are not cheating and actually want to play in a fair manner. Overall no one benefits from x-raying.

This experience has taught me to be open and honest. It has also taught me that although something may seem like a good idea in the time being, you really have look beyond that and see who you're really affecting with your actions and if the consequences are really worth the outcome in the time being.

Cool. Please, refrain from breaking the rules further when your probation is over. I've adjusted it to 28days given the time when you posted your response. If you have any issues with the /tempban's timer not ending; let us know.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook