Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: Ashley411lgbt

Reason for your ban: Mining hacks

Who banned you: IllogicalSong

Why should you be unbanned: For starters, I dont have xray or anything of that sort. Second, the only way I was mining is with shaders other players were using. If I couldn't use specific shaders while minding, I feel like staff would have picked it out of chat and told me and others not to use them. I have had conversations with illogical about shaders. If the suspicion comes from me finding diamonds fast, i have a explanation. Simply working and luck. I go down to 5Y or 10Y and mine. I used beacons at my homes to get the beacon benefits, then id /back to the mine and im able to mine fast with haste 2 and efficiency 5. For about 15 seconds. Anyone can do this, especially theres a public beacon warp. 

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back because the server is actually nice, a good fresh air. I paid for VIP3 and worked up to a reasonable level. Clear my name with the server if i am in taint. Simply, to go back to talking with the community and playing to game, like I was doing. 

Ok, so I agree you're not using x-ray. But there's things with your mining I can't reconcile with just being normal mining. Over half of your diamond breaks are in lava pools specifically, which, while odd, would not necessarily be a red flag in and of itself.

The issue for me is the fact that none of these are visible from the surface, and most of them are extremely difficult to get to. Even with fire resistance, and fly, getting all diamond ores in these lava pools is beyond what I can consider believable to be normal mining. 

I've found your lava mines to be odd for a while now, but this in particular kinda punched me in the gut last night

[Image: 3rsScr0.jpg]

First pic being what it looked like after you mined the ore, second being what it looked like beforehand. It's super tucked off to the side, super inconvenient, super not-visible.

I checked your other mines from the past couple days and it's the same throughout, this wasn't a one-time thing

[Image: fbKF0Hb.jpg]
Diamond is under obsidian, in lava, not visible in any normal conditions

[Image: 6icwqi2.jpg]

Diamonds are far behind the wall, not visible from the surface

[Image: m3wor2u.jpg]
Diamonds not visible from where you were strip mining, had to be in the lava pool, they were a few blocks away

[Image: zzkXfJ4.jpg]
Literally not even a mine or a way to access these except straight through lava.

[Image: P0ad9sk.jpg]

Through lava

[Image: 0MEjAy6.jpg]
At the bottom of a lava pool

[Image: bdXWOkw.png]

Normal lava visibility

I stopped looking after this point. I just don't believe you're able to do this without using some sort of modification that is giving you an advantage. Whether that's something that lets you see through lava, walls, something else, I don't know. But even with fly, fire resist, haste, etc, myself and multiple other staff cannot see how this would be possible without using something else.

(09-23-2020, 06:58 AM)illogicalsong Wrote: Ok, so I agree you're not using x-ray. But there's things with your mining I can't reconcile with just being normal mining. Over half of your diamond breaks are in lava pools specifically, which, while odd, would not necessarily be a red flag in and of itself.

The issue for me is the fact that none of these are visible from the surface, and most of them are extremely difficult to get to. Even with fire resistance, and fly, getting all diamond ores in these lava pools is beyond what I can consider believable to be normal mining. 

I've found your lava mines to be odd for a while now, but this in particular kinda punched me in the gut last night

[Image: 3rsScr0.jpg]

First pic being what it looked like after you mined the ore, second being what it looked like beforehand. It's super tucked off to the side, super inconvenient, super not-visible.

I checked your other mines from the past couple days and it's the same throughout, this wasn't a one-time thing

[Image: fbKF0Hb.jpg]
Diamond is under obsidian, in lava, not visible in any normal conditions

[Image: 6icwqi2.jpg]

Diamonds are far behind the wall, not visible from the surface

[Image: m3wor2u.jpg]
Diamonds not visible from where you were strip mining, had to be in the lava pool, they were a few blocks away

[Image: zzkXfJ4.jpg]
Literally not even a mine or a way to access these except straight through lava.

[Image: P0ad9sk.jpg]

Through lava

[Image: 0MEjAy6.jpg]
At the bottom of a lava pool

[Image: bdXWOkw.png]

Normal lava visibility
I stopped looking after this point. I just don't believe you're able to do this without using some sort of modification that is giving you an advantage. Whether that's something that lets you see through lava, walls, something else, I don't know. But even with fly, fire resist, haste, etc, myself and multiple other staff cannot see how this would be possible without using something else.

On this comment it is on the notion of seeing trough  the lava. I wasnt. I knew of a chance yet small of it being in pools of lava. This is why i specifically baught fire protection from /warp armory. Simply press my face againt the walls and that shows me just enough of whats there. /back to heal, i took damage but slow. So i would spend some time flying in lava looking for diamonds, On other lava pools, i got lucky with mning on the lava lake surface, so id clear that. Surrounding lava in stone or enough where i know theres no diamond, and move on. I do this out of boredom, explains why i spend so much time trying. I had nothing else to do. All I used was /back heavily, tons of food to heal while in lava and my pickaxe. I have found diamond this way short luck but i did this to find passage ways into caves. And yes, i cant see through the lava, but i can sink down and take a look at 1 or 2 blocks at my feet and go from there.

Mining took some time, quite literally hours in walking in lava semi aimlessly and taking damage. This is do able from the screenshots you posted. I am not using anything that can help me see, that manipluated my health or anything of sort. Simply walking in lava and caves, healthy understanding of where diamond spawns and ton of food and armour. 

on the notion of not visible not even from surface, like i said, i simply swim in lava and carefully walk on the ground to see a sliver of anything. Then go and make a stone room to protect the ore from lava. Id stop strip mining, purposely swim blindly in lava for a tunnel or passage way.

None of this is skill or cheats. A truck load of luck and trail and error. Swimming to the walls to see texture and spending time in the lava to know its layout so i can predict how big it is, so i can mine the top or move on. Yes difficult but i didn't care since it was a challenge, i spend mornings playing like this just to do something. 

I tried to explain the best i can, but doing this, spending time in lava, burning myself alive, and luck is all i had. I dont know what else I can go on about, i told you guys my tactics, how i stumbled onto diamond, how i didn't die in lava, all of it. Most of my diamonds i found out of lava, by luck, mining on 5y, of 10y i would mine until i found something.

So

Spent a long long while checking out your mines and having other staff members check your mines as well. 

What we found was that shaders change the way lava looks when you're in it. So we tested specifically Oceana shaders (those are the ones you said you had) to see how lava looks and it's a lot easier to see than normal. Even though this doesn't really match your description of why, it's enough for me, and since shaders are allowed, you have been unbanned at the posting of this reply