• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: Is Erwin Rommel ( war hero who opposed Hitler from the Wehrmacht, spared POWs and refused to arrest the Jews and the desert fox) offensive?
This poll is closed.
Yes (because I didn't do my research and all Germans in WWII are evil)
0%
0 0%
I'm a child who doesn't know how to make a poll that isn't biased as fuck.
100.00%
102 100.00%
Total 102 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Open letter: longtime issues and concerns.
I have a lot to say here, but for now I'll take your points one at a time.

1.  Chat rules had to evolve over time as people, yourself being a huge contributor, kept skirting around the spirit of the rules with "but it's not against the written rules to say ____ (insert offensive shit here)" The server is still considered mature, we allow cursing and conversations about mature topics so long as they don't evolve into arguments or get too graphic to be comfortable in a public setting.
2. Regardless of what he did later in life he was a nazi soldier, wearing an iron cross in the photo. You shouldn't have been allowed to have it in the first place honestly.
3. As to your point about the two map resets in quick succession, blame the updates ?‍ Minecraft java already has performance issues even on good hardware, so yeah, we reset again to be able to keep the server running.
4. Yeah, Nazi shit has no place here, and the fact that you're even surprised/upset over that says a lot.
5. Many of us find your incessant bullying and harassment of players on the server to be really annoying, and yet we let you stick around, at least until just now.
6. Yeah, people's lives change and things happen, as for the staff member you name dropped, all I'll say is that you probably shouldn't try to talk about situations that you are not directly aware of.
7. These are all words and yet not a coherent thought to be found, I'm assuming you're complaining about your ban for building swastikas. Again, nazi shit has no place here and you were damn well here long enough to know that.
8. Not sure which situation you're talking about but I'm fairly certain it's one of the many times you got in trouble for being a raging dick in discord, considering that was what you regularly did. The number of times I had to join calls just because I got complaints of you being an ass to people was astronomical.
9. "And I would have gotten away with it too if I didn't out myself in a public forum and get myself permabanned by an admin months later"
10. No
11. See #2
12. "oh no! A game about playing with blocks has kids!!!1"
14. Sounds like a "you" problem
15. He was unbanned, I don't believe I was the one that handled that ban but he was obviously allowed back. 

Here's my biggest issue here. If you had voiced these concerns without being a raging asshole about it, and insulting our players, you might have been heard out, at least somewhat. But instead this just reads as "Wahhhh censorship!! They won't let me make/say nazi shit and bully people"

It's really a lot of words to say "they won't tolerate my nazi worship so I found a server that will" 

All of this is to say, get lost, you won't be missed.
Discord: Guy#1507 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Open letter: longtime issues and concerns. - by thatguy3339 - 10-13-2020, 02:31 AM