Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on: SMP

Minecraft name: TT6_Sp00n

Reason for your ban: X-ray

Who banned you: Melaniebeedot

Why should you be unbanned: I did not use good judgement and did not think about what I was doing. I am extremely sorry for my actions and it will not happen again. I read on the forum that xray appeals are accepted on few occasions but I just hope that we could figure something out. I am very sorry for everything that I did and do wish to be able to join again in the future.

Why do you want to come back: Me and my girlfriend put a lot of work on this server, and being that we are long distance, it is nice to log on with her and talk with her while we play. When I told her of my ban she was very upset, as was I. I am ashamed of my actions and will not use such cheats on the server again. 

Side note: If the ban is not appealed and I am perm banned, I just want the whole staff and admins to know that the server was very fun to play on, it is very well put together, and was a great experience. Again, I am very sorry for my actions, I really hope we can work something out 

Yes, on very rare occassions we do accept x-ray ban appeals, but they'd have to be quite impressive.

[Image: lPfWybw.png]

So lets get started shall we. I'd like to delve in a bit more to the topic of why we have a zero tolerance policy on x-ray.

Please answer a few questions for me, and remember, very thorough, thought-out answers would be best received.

1. If you're competing with someone else and win through cheating, is that fair to the other person?

2. It's difficult to find diamonds, and many players spend hours mining for them. How do you think they would feel if you suddenly have way more than them but haven't put the work in to get them?

3. How could x-raying and selling diamonds affect the owners of other shops?

1. If you're competing with someone else and win through cheating, is that fair to the other person?

No it is not fair to the other person, having an unfair advantage is always unacceptable on any game out there. No matter the situation, cheating to have an unfair advantage goes against many rules and is morally wrong as well. I do realize this now and vow to not do it again.

2. It's difficult to find diamonds, and many players spend hours mining for them. How do you think they would feel if you suddenly have way more than them but haven't put the work in to get them?

People would feel like their time was wasted and might even divert them to x-raying to catch up. Diamonds, being one of the most valuable resources in the game, are very sought after and if someone can just find them at will, they would become less valuable. Other people put in a lot of time and work to be able to have diamond gear, and people x-raying for them can get that same gear in a fraction of the time, making it unfair for everybody.

3. How could x-raying and selling diamonds affect the owners of other shops?

Like I previously stated, people with x-ray can find diamonds at will. This means selling said diamonds and selling them for profit and then using the money from the diamonds at user shops will basically mean the x-rayer will receive better items for something they did not work for to own. Also, in another aspect, it could corrupt the market, meaning x-rayers can obtain diamonds, sell them, buy items from shops and sell them for lower prices. It would not matter to the x-rayer because they have an unlimited supply of money, but for the legit player, they will not have people coming and buying their items anymore because the x-rayer has those same items for a lower price.

Alright, you seem to understand the gravity of the crime and the damage it can inflict on all players in our community.

I'll let you back, but keep in mind that there will be no more second chances after this.

You have been unbanned.