Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on Home Town

Minecraft name: Grim4 aka JesterJay 

Reason for your ban: Advertising another server

Who banned you: Hiyoko

I advertised for another server. I was part of a small town that was getting a lot of grief. I reported the grief every time, and it seemed I could never get any help in dealing with the situation and as time went by I began to become more and more frustrated. Eventually I went to another server, but I ended up coming back and being childish by working the server name into public chat, and I may have placed a sign or two in the town that I was part of. On the server I have been playing on since I left Home Town I have become an admin and I know how sometimes it can be overwhelming and how we are working on the issues, but maybe just not fast enough for the parties involved. In the end there is no real excuse for my advertising. I knew it was against the rules when I did it. And I do apologize for adding onto your staffs work load having to track down signs, I honestly can't remember if how many I placed. 

The reason I would like to come back is because Home Town was the very first Minecraft server I ever joined. I had searched survival minecraft and the reviews for Home Town were pretty good. I am currently an admin on another server so I honestly probably wouldn't be spending a lot of time on Home Town but I would like to return from time to time for nostalgic reasons. I understand the server went through a reset not long ago so everything I built is long gone. But it would be nice to look around and see what's new, and maybe, eventually, become part of the community again. 

Thank you for your consideration
Grim4
What on earth could be more luxurious than a sofa, a book, and a cup of coffee. -Anthony Trollope

The staff member that banned you should've written their name in your ban message, please update your appeal accordingly so the corresponding staff membercan respond to you.

(10-19-2020, 03:06 AM)melaniebeedot Wrote: The staff member that banned you should've written their name in your ban message, please update your appeal accordingly so the corresponding staff membercan respond to you.
Thank you
What on earth could be more luxurious than a sofa, a book, and a cup of coffee. -Anthony Trollope

(10-19-2020, 03:28 AM)Grim4 Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 03:06 AM)melaniebeedot Wrote: The staff member that banned you should've written their name in your ban message, please update your appeal accordingly so the corresponding staff membercan respond to you.
Thank you

Not trying to be a pain, I updated my appeal with the admins name a few days ago. Just curious as to the status.

So it's been 10 days since I filed my appeal, Is there something else I needed to add? Does the admin Hiyoko still play
? If not could someone address my appeal.
Thank you
Grim4

I'll be taking the appeal from here as I believe that Hiyoko is currently busy with other obligations, and I happen to also be pretty well aware of the situation around your ban, being one of the staff members cleaning up the signs placed around by yourself and other members of that town.

As I pointed out to another user who was a part of this same incident a few months ago, you were a part of an organized advertising effort by a group of staff members from another server advertising on this server. You guys specifically used signs in an effort to bypass our chat rules, showing me that you knew that this was in obvious violation of server rules.
With that said, it has been quite some time since this occurred, and I would be happy to allow you back once you have answered the following questions with at least a sentence each.

Why is advertising other servers wrong?

Why did you decide to advertise here and violate our rules on IP advertisement?

If allowed to return, if something like this were to ever happen again you may be permbanned, is this understood? (This one can be a simple yes/no)
Discord: Guy#1507 

(10-30-2020, 08:57 PM)thatguy3339 Wrote: I'll be taking the appeal from here as I believe that Hiyoko is currently busy with other obligations, and I happen to also be pretty well aware of the situation around your ban, being one of the staff members cleaning up the signs placed around by yourself and other members of that town.

As I pointed out to another user who was a part of this same incident a few months ago, you were a part of an organized advertising effort by a group of staff members from another server advertising on this server. You guys specifically used signs in an effort to bypass our chat rules, showing me that you knew that this was in obvious violation of server rules.
With that said, it has been quite some time since this occurred, and I would be happy to allow you back once you have answered the following questions with at least a sentence each.

Why is advertising other servers wrong?

Why did you decide to advertise here and violate our rules on IP advertisement?

If allowed to return, if something like this were to ever happen again you may be permbanned, is this understood? (This one can be a simple yes/no)

Why is advertising other servers wrong? I feel it is wrong for the following reason, it's disrespectful to the people who created the server you're advertising on, they've worked hard to create their community and server and going on and blasting it is childish. 

Why did you decide to advertise here and violate our rules on IP advertisement? As stated in my appeal I was frustrated with being unable to get help, at least at the time I did it appeared that way to me. And I acted out of childish anger egged on by another member of the new community, who I won't name but I'm sure you're aware of.

If allowed to return, if something like this were to ever happen again you may be permbanned, is this understood? (This one can be a simple yes/no) Yes I understand. 

Again accept my apologies for my actions I have no real excuse except letting pride and anger get the better of me. I can assure it will not happen again I believe the best policy is to simply walk away and calm down. 

I thank you for your time and consideration

Grim4

I appreciate the effort you put in here. I just tried to unban you but I'm not sure if it went through as the server has reset since you were banned and that can cause problems at times, if you still can't get on let me know here and I can try to get you fully fixed once I'm back home at my computer instead of on Minechat.

But either way, welcome back to Hometown
Discord: Guy#1507 

it worked and I even have VIP 3 back, thank you so much