Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Auction: Selling Elytra!
Bring it Frosty-boy! $500.

I expect a cold reception!

Best regards
Wise!

I have now made the reserve public. between 1-2k, but open to bids in between.

In that case so i don't look like i'm bidding just to raise the price ima start my bid at $1000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l91ISfcuzDw

PS posting the above link as a video didn't work, is that a forums bug or a permissions thing?

Best regards
Wiseypants.

Its popular on eBay with people who don't understand the platform. There are millions of people using eBay, and any item a collector (the most profitable market) wants, they can find a couple hundred if not thousand others of the same item, why should they bother with the annoyance of having to figure out what the reserve price is for an item and then try to bid over it so that they can actually get the item they want when they can just go buy it for less somewhere else? In addition, with you and wise in the bidding game, who else stands a chance at getting the item for anywhere near a good bargain? wise is (i think) baltop #1 and you're the server owner, if either of you REALLY want the elytra, who exactly can compete that doesn't already have one? I doubt sai's gonna join this, and meat is banned so he's out. So unless you two dont really want it (which begs the question as to why you're bidding), the game is up for 75% or so of players. In addition, wise knows the reserve price, giving him an unfair advantage over other bidders, I also assume you know the reserve price, which means by bidding you're either taking part in this charade or you've already committed to at least the reserve price.

EDIT: Just saw the thor price posting, already wrote this before i saw that, leaving it haha
Sorry about that whole “shooting you” thing, but I know if you look deep into your heart, which is currently all over that tree, you’ll find a way to forgive me.

[Image: GU8OFOr.png]

(04-06-2016, 05:32 AM)Wrexial33 Wrote: Its popular on eBay with people who don't understand the platform. There are millions of people using eBay, and any item a collector (the most profitable market) wants, they can find a couple hundred if not thousand others of the same item, why should they bother with the annoyance of having to figure out what the reserve price is for an item and then try to bid over it so that they can actually get the item they want when they can just go buy it for less somewhere else? In addition, with you and wise in the bidding game, who else stands a chance at getting the item for anywhere near a good bargain? wise is (i think) baltop #1 and you're the server owner, if either of you REALLY want the elytra, who exactly can compete that doesn't already have one? I doubt sai's gonna join this, and meat is banned so he's out. So unless you two dont really want it (which begs the question as to why you're bidding), the game is up for 75% or so of players. In addition, wise knows the reserve price, giving him an unfair advantage over other bidders, I also assume you know the reserve price, which means by bidding you're either taking part in this charade or you've already committed to at least the reserve price.

Thor's just made the reserve price public, and the reason he's selling them despite me finding them is because i sold them to him for a significant fee. In exchange he gets full ownership and the rights to buy them. The fact is that he paid  well-over 1k for ownership of these and the dragon-head, giving me an advantage if i bid and win at $1k. If someone doesn't want me to have that advantage then they're welcome to bid a higher fee. For a months voting this seems like a good deal to me haha!

Also BALTOP has come a LONG way since i was a rookie. When i first joined the highest cash on baltop was like 14k, they were the #1. Now Everyone on /baltop 1 has above 15k, and they can make that back in a month's voting like i said, so it really doesn't seem that bad for a collectors item that will probably not be obtainable until FROST resets the end which i imagine will not be for two months+ as is with the resource-world.

This is a good deal for a high-end collectors item. I'm up for having it, i'm sure it'lll go well with my diamond blocks Big Grin.

Best regards
Wise.

PS: Just noticed everyone on baltop 2 upwards has at least 10+K to their name. That's a massive increase on when i first joined haha. Money has become worth less, which is why i invest in things like Elytra and Diamond blocks haha!

I'll bid 450, and like everyone said, starting a bid low encourages people to bid, and therefore gets more people to pay and meet the reserved price.

(04-06-2016, 06:25 AM)Gingapower2k Wrote: I'll bid 450, and like everyone said, starting a bid low encourages people to bid, and therefore gets more people to pay and meet the reserved price.

Hi Ginga, i'm afraid i've already bid at $1000. It probably got lost in all the text.

You're welcome to outbid me if you have that kind of capital though, as long as it's at least a $10 incrimient as Thor stated. E.G $1010 would be a legit bid. Not $1000.00001

Best regards
Wise.

$1,025
I have a new girlfriend now
[Image: tumblr_nwsqf8uAJM1tbo6e7o1_500.gif]

Hahaha watch this! Here come's the wiseman: $1250

$1,350
[Image: latest?cb=20140209085003]