• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): In Game

Minecraft name: Roger_0 now formally (Roger_Aloha) 

Reason for your ban: I was advertising for another server that I am no longer a part of.

Who banned you: Staff (It doesn't give a name) I was banned 1 yr or so ago.

Why should you be unbanned: I know that it says that I should just find another server. But this was the first one that I ever played on. I did fall into the wrong crowd and left the server. But now it has made to realize how nice of a server this place is.

Why do you want to come back: I would like to be able to have a fresh start. As I said this server was my first home, even though I really only played on here for a couple months. i realize how much of a home it actually was. I feel like I should get on last chance. I can also say that I will not be advertising again, as I left that other server due to corrupt ownership. I look forward to your reply and to have some conversation.

Alright Roger, I was personally involved in your ban a year ago so I'll be taking this appeal.

We have actually already discussed this ban last year when you first attempted to appeal the ban. That appeal can be found here https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread...ight=roger
At that point in time I felt that given the circumstances of your ban, your attitude when we attempted to speak with you over your advertising, and your general disrespect for our staff team and for the rules as a whole that you were likely not coming back with the intent to contribute positively to the community. It has been over a year at this point, so I'm willing to at least consider unbanning you, but I'm currently still apprehensive due to the attitude that you caught with our team over the rules.

Because of that I will request that you answer the following questions in at least two-three sentences each:

Why is advertising other servers wrong?

Why did you decide to advertise here and violate our rules on IP advertisement?

If allowed to return, if something like this were to ever happen again you may be permbanned, is this understood? (This one can be a simple yes/no)
Discord: Guy#1507 

(11-11-2020, 09:08 PM)thatguy3339 Wrote: Alright Roger, I was personally involved in your ban a year ago so I'll be taking this appeal.

We have actually already discussed this ban last year when you first attempted to appeal the ban. That appeal can be found here https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread...ight=roger
At that point in time I felt that given the circumstances of your ban, your attitude when we attempted to speak with you over your advertising, and your general disrespect for our staff team and for the rules as a whole that you were likely not coming back with the intent to contribute positively to the community. It has been over a year at this point, so I'm willing to at least consider unbanning you, but I'm currently still apprehensive due to the attitude that you caught with our team over the rules.

Because of that I will request that you answer the following questions in at least two-three sentences each:

Why is advertising other servers wrong?
Advertising on other servers is wrong because it disrupts those servers, it provides a distraction. The players are there to play on Hometown and want to be able to play in an environment that is friendly.

Why did you decide to advertise here and violate our rules on IP advertisement?
I was more coerced to advertise for a server that I no longer belong with. I was told to do it by the owner and another admin who once played on Hometown. It was basically if you don't do it then this will happen. I was just trying to trying to play along. But I realize that was the stupid thing to do and it was irresponsible of me to do that.

If allowed to return, if something like this were to ever happen again you may be permbanned, is this understood? (This one can be a simple yes/no)

Yes

I have attempted to unban you. Let me know here if you are still unable to join, it can be a little bit touchy since you were banned prior to the last server reset.

Welcome back to Hometown
Discord: Guy#1507 

(11-12-2020, 05:43 AM)thatguy3339 Wrote: I have attempted to unban you. Let me know here if you are still unable to join, it can be a little bit touchy since you were banned prior to the last server reset.

Welcome back to Hometown

I was able to get back in Thank You
Roger_0