• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xray Ban Please Look!
Server i was banned on: hometownmc my Minecraft name: Sorvvu Reason for my ban: xraying Who banned me: trekkie

Why should i should be unbanned: because i really liked the server and i think i was wrong and i really wanna come back and play because this is the only thing I have fun on at the moment on my computer. Why i want to come back: because i think people deserve a second chance and also i had alot of fun even though i played for only like 3 days, but im really desperate to come back, i really hope a admin or a moderator understands what im feeling, and saying. Also i regret what i did and i will not do it again, xraying ruins the economy and makes it not fun for others, which to be honest i didn't think about at first, but now i know because thats why i was banned because xraying for netherite and diamonds is cheating, obviously, anyways i really really really wanna get unbanned, please i learned my lesson.  If you're competing with someone else and win through cheating, is that fair to the other person: No its not fair, cheats give a advantage depending on what cheats you use, but if your using something like xray, in a pvp fight in my opinion that would not change anything as long as its in a open  area.   It's difficult to find diamonds, and many players spend hours mining for them. How do you think they would feel if you suddenly have way more than them but haven't put the work in to get them: They will feel that is unfair and it is, and they will get mad at you and probably report you, which is what your supposed to do i guess, but its not fair to use xray or any other mining cheats, it ruins the other players experience with the server and makes it not very fun for them. How could xraying and selling diamonds affect the owners of other shops: If you sold your cheated diamonds to a shop, that owner will also have alot of money compared to the competition and make the shop owner have way more budget to expand their shop, so its also unfair in my opinion.

Thank you for being honest in the appeal. X-raying is a serious offense however, so I need to see more effort from you. Please answer the following questions with multiple sentences each.

1: If you're competing with someone else and win through cheating, is that fair to the other person?

2: It's difficult to find diamonds, and many players spend hours mining for them. How do you think they would feel if you suddenly have way more than them but haven't put the work in to get them?

3: How could xraying and selling diamonds affect the owners of other shops?
Developer of AdvancedGift, AdvancedAuction, and several custom HomeTown plugins.
[Image: IvjGhMb.png]

(11-15-2020, 12:57 AM)TrekkieEnderman Wrote: If you're competing with someone else and win through cheating, is that fair to the other person: No its not fair, cheats give a advantage depending on what cheats you use, but if your using something like xray, in a pvp fight in my opinion that would not change anything as long as its in a open  area.   It's difficult to find diamonds, and many players spend hours mining for them. How do you think they would feel if you suddenly have way more than them but haven't put the work in to get them: They will feel that is unfair and it is, and they will get mad at you and probably report you, which is what your supposed to do i guess, but its not fair to use xray or any other mining cheats, it ruins the other players experience with the server and makes it not very fun for them. How could xraying and selling diamonds affect the owners of other shops: If you sold your cheated diamonds to a shop, that owner will also have alot of money compared to the competition and make the shop owner have way more budget to expand their shop, so its also unfair in my opinion.

Gonna be honest with you, I got a headache trying to read your answers. Please format them better; don't cram them in a single paragraph. Same thing for your appeal.

Anyway. Your answers to the first two questions are acceptable, however I need to make a correction on your last answer. It is actually the opposite. You sold cheated diamonds to the shop owners, and they lost out on money, maybe even became bankrupt because their balance got drained from the diamonds. Obviously they will be upset about that, it is very much not fair to them.

Well, I will accept your appeal. Your ban has been changed to a 30 days tempban at the time of this post. Your balance has been reset. All your diamond/netherite items and tools are disposed of. This is your second and last chance.
Developer of AdvancedGift, AdvancedAuction, and several custom HomeTown plugins.
[Image: IvjGhMb.png]

just so you know trekkie i dont wanna argue but the things i xrayed for was the diamonds and ancient debris in my chest, i got my diamond tools and armor from a person, there name was i think person surfer or similar to that
but thank you for realeasing my perm ban