HomeTown

Minecraft name: 
mirpalicious

Reason for your ban: 
X-Ray Resource Pack

Who banned you: 
Trekkie

Why should you be unbanned: 
Hello! So, I’m home from college for Thanksgiving week and I brought my laptop along with me to complete homework and play Minecraft with my friend _Kauliflower_ (who is also on this server). My older sister — who is also home for the holidays — is an avid player of Minecraft and I’ve been letting her use my computer to play whenever I didn’t need it (_Kauliflower_ is also fully aware that my sister comes on my account to work on our house sometimes). What he, nor I, were aware of was that my sister downloaded an X-Ray pack and was using it to hunt for materials. So, after the mirpalicious account was banned on Tuesday afternoon, my sister came and told me what happened — knowing I’d find out. So, uh, I was rightfully upset. And I have told my sister’s she’s not allowed to use my computer for gaming purposes any more. 

I asked her how long she’d been using the mod to harvest materials and she said only on that Tuesday afternoon — as resource harvesting was going “painfully” slow. I asked her specifically what she reaped with this mod, and she was able to estimate about a stack and a half of diamonds, a stack of iron, and 10ish emeralds — all now stored within the various chests I share with my friend. 

So, yes, I’m… EXTREMELY sorry about this. My sister was not the one who went through Hometown’s test in the beginning — it was me — so she wasn’t aware of this server’s no X-ray rule. Nevertheless, she is not allowed to use my Minecraft account again. Thus, if you choose to lift the ban, this would never happen again. 

As for me, I completely understand the negative repercussions a player using the X-ray mod can have: it’s unfair to the other players who put in the labor to acquire resources legally; and it can completely screw with the server’s economy by oversaturating the market, further harming other players monetarily. Cheating is obviously never the answer, especially when it harms others to do so. 

Why do you want to come back: 
My friend and I have spent a lot of time building our little home — all of which was completed with materials we acquired through the marketplace or by gathering legally. And with the pandemic, Minecrafting on this server has allowed me to connect with my friend and bond over this shared experience together. I am super thankful to be able to hang out with _Kauliflower_ on this server… and honestly I’m extremely distressed that it now hangs in jeopardy. 

I really enjoy this server’s interface and I wish to continue to build our home here. I assume full responsibility for my sister’s actions — as it was I who let her on my account — and I will accept the repercussions. However, I would love another opportunity to be a part of this community. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Seems like you understand the rules very well and your responsibility with your account. All right. I've unbanned you. Please don't let it happen again.
Developer of AdvancedGift, AdvancedAuction, and several custom HomeTown plugins.
[Image: IvjGhMb.png]

Thank you so much for understanding! This will never happen again, I promise.

However, I attempted to log onto the server several times since your response, but it still says I am banned? And I double checked what I put down as my Minecraft name in my appeal and it is spelled correctly... Is there some sort of waiting period before I'm able to log back on?

Thank you for your help!

Sorry about that. I forgot to lift the ip ban as well. You should be able to join now. Another thing I just remember, please turn in x-rayed items to a staff member upon your login.
Developer of AdvancedGift, AdvancedAuction, and several custom HomeTown plugins.
[Image: IvjGhMb.png]