Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): Hometown Minecraft server

Minecraft name: PotatoLexi_03

Reason for your ban: X-raying

Who banned you: Melaniebeedot

Why should you be unbanned: I believe I should be unbanned because I understand that X-raying is an abuse of power, (If that makes sense, I hope it does,) I was only using it to get more diamonds, which was wrong, I shouldn't have done it in the first place but I ignored my feelings and did it anyway. I was in the wrong, I take full responsibility for my actions and the punishment. It was no one else's fault but mine. 

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back because I love this server, I love the community, the people, the way everyone talks to each other in chat. I spent a short time on this server but I have grown to love the community as a whole. I use the server as an escape from reality and the outside world around me. It is a place where I can be myself and express myself.

Note: I am sorry and I understand if you would like to keep me banned from this server, but I hope that you will reconsider. I hope you have a nice day. -Lexi   
It is what it is  Sleepy

You'll notice in the ban appeal format thread where you copied the template from, that it says x-ray appeals are rarely accepted and have to be really good, so keep that in mind for this next part:

[Image: NIcX4rO.png]

Now, lets have you answer a few questions, and remember, the more thorough your answers, the more you show me that you understand.

1. If you're competing with someone else and win through cheating, is that fair to the other person?

2. It's difficult to find diamonds, and many players spend hours mining for them. How do you think they would feel if you suddenly have way more than them but haven't put the work in to get them?

3. How could x-raying and selling diamonds affect the owners of other shops?

4. How could it affect the server economy in general?

1. If you're competing with someone else and win through cheating, is that fair to the other person? No, it would not be fair because you should work fairly on winning. X-ray destroys the purpose of competing against someone. It should overall be a good experience to compete with another player, but X-raying takes out the good experience. 

2. It's difficult to find diamonds, and many players spend hours mining for them. How do you think they would feel if you suddenly have way more than them but haven't put the work in to get them? I think they would feel awful. For them to actually put in the work and take time out of their day to mine for them, whilst someone who can click a single button to find them would just make them feel awful and make them not want to play Minecraft anymore. They might possibly hate or strongly dislike the person cheating/breaking the rules.

3. How could x-raying and selling diamonds affect the owners of other shops? People wouldn't want to buy from other shops because their prices make be higher, and when X-raying, since you are able to get diamonds faster, you can set your prices lower, so people would want to come to your shop and other owners wouldn't make any money from their shops. It would also be awful because they took time to get diamonds and then they are selling them.

4. How could it affect the server economy in general? A player could sell the diamonds they got from X-raying at a lower price, therefore the prices of diamonds would continue to lower from each player (Possibly) like inflation when an item or product is being produced too much/ mined too much, the price of that item and/or product is lowered. It would destroy the economy one way or another.

-As I said, I am very sorry, I am willing to give the diamonds back, I still have them on my character. 
It is what it is  Sleepy

It sounds like you understand the impact that your actions can have on the server. I suppose i'll give you another chance.

Note that all of your diamond and netherite tools and gear have been confiscated, and your balance has been reset to $0.

Keep in mind that if you are banned again, you likely won't be given any more chances.

Considering the fact that you are Adept rank, you have been around more than long enough to know better, so you won't be getting off so easy as to be unbanned right away. You will serve a temp ban of no less than 3 weeks from your ban date.