• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord):SMP

Minecraft name: Zakenzie

Reason for your ban: I was Re-selling by putting the items in my own shop.
Who banned you: Nether_ruler, Melaniebeedot, trekkieendermom

Why should you be unbanned: I believe I should be unbanned because it  was a mistake that I shouldn't have done. and I want to learn from this mistake and show I can follow the rules to become better.

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back because this is the only Minecraft server I play on because I love the server and all the people on it. I like being on the server to talk and have fun with friends and also to learn from the server and grow.

Your ban message has been updated, please amend your appeal accordingly.

(04-17-2021, 01:59 AM)Nether_Ruler Wrote: Your ban message has been updated, please amend your appeal accordingly.

Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: Zakenzie

Reason for your ban: ban evasion/reselling 

Who banned you: Nether_ruler, Melaniebeedot, trekkieendermom

Why should you be unbanned: The reason why I should be unbanned is first off I'm going to talk about reselling. I fully admit to reselling. I chose to make the mistake by buying things for other people's shops. I'm selling them  at my own. I have seen and now want to learn from this mistake I have chosen to make, and want to fix it by approving I won't do it again.As for the band evasion, I would like to clear some things up.  The account Ezdreamer001  was made a while back on my mom's computer. my sister came over to my house for a bit to get away from some things. And she was sitting in  Mom's room and decided  to hop on, not knowing this would cause trouble. She wanted to hop on the server because I've told her a lot of great things about it so she just wanted to see what it was like. and the only reason why it may have seemed like it was me was because I told her a few things so she could play on her own.  and I also recommended a few players for her to talk to to get started. Like I said in the beginning this was an old account my other  sister originally made for my mom( Of course she doesn't play) So when she got questions, and was banned  she didn't know what was going on. And I would like to  apologize that this all happened, and I'm really sorry this happened. I truly  hope you believe me that I'm not lying. Thanks for letting me get the chance to explain.

Why do you want to come back:  I want to come back because Hometown is such a great server. It's a place where I have met multiple friends. I would like to come back because I would like to prove that I can be better,  and to continue all the good things I've done on the server to help out. and just to have a place to have  Hangouts  and make other new  friends and show  that I can follow the rules.

There are a few issues we have with your appeal that need to be addressed. We'll ignore the part about ban evasion for now. Looking at the first part about reselling, it is only 4 sentences long, and it feels far too generic for the scale of the crime you have committed. You have hit 10 different shop owners and attempted to resell their items at your own shop, potentially making off with large profit. Most of these shops have a no reselling rule, and you blatantly ignored it. Nether some time ago also warned you to not resell, and yet you also disregarded that.

You kept saying it was a mistake, one that you have chose to make. That you want to learn from this mistake. You promised to not do it again. However, in no part of your appeal did you make an apology to the shop owners you have affected with this action of your. Nor did you show that you understand why it is wrong to resell, or why it is wrong to take advantage of people and especially of your friends. In short, we don't feel any genuine remorse from you in that part of the appeal. Frankly, it is disappointing. You should give some more thoughts about the impact of your action on others. You have a third chance to redo your appeal. Hopefully this third attempt will be much better.
Developer of AdvancedGift, AdvancedAuction, and several custom HomeTown plugins.
[Image: IvjGhMb.png]

Trekkie
I would like to just say thanks for giving me another chance to redo my appeal. I would like to say sorry, sorry to everyone and every store that I was reselling from. I’m so sorry I didn’t listen to the rules and the shop signs saying no reselling. I would also like to say sorry to every staff member that has had to deal with this situation. I just wanted to say thanks to staff for giving me a chance to appeal, I really appreciate it. I understand why reselling is wrong because it’s against the rules, and it’s super unfair to other players to  work for their stuff to sell and get money when I'm just going to buy and resell it. I understand now that what I did was very wrong and I’m truly so sorry for doing it and how important it is to follow the rules. I’m so sorry and thankful to all the staff for giving me multiple chances to appeal. I would be so thankful to get a chance to come back to my hometown, but if that isn’t the case I’ll understand because what I did was really wrong.

After much discussion among the full staff team, we’ve decided to accept your appeal under the following conditions:

- Your ban will be converted to a 2-week temp ban starting from the day you were banned.
- Your shop creation privileges will be revoked for 2 months upon your return
- Your shop will be emptied by staff
- Your balance will be reset to $0
Developer of AdvancedGift, AdvancedAuction, and several custom HomeTown plugins.
[Image: IvjGhMb.png]

Thanks you guys for giving me a second chance. I promise I wont break the rules again, and im sorry for all the trouble.