• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: BradTheLad_

Reason for your ban: Grief. I built a house-like structure on top of the server-owned wheat farm. I did it because I was trying to draw more attention to the fact that you could build anywhere on top of most of the farms as I thought that maybe other staff members didn't get the message from one of the guardians because the bug wasn't fixed yet. I should have either asked or waited before making a drastic decision like the one I made.

Who banned you: Nether_Ruler

Why should you be unbanned: I have screwed up once before as I used the clay/gravel deposit exploit (for lack of a better term) because I make poor judgements and decisions sometimes. That's just who I am but I know that it's not an excuse for what I did, it's more of a reason. You can't make excuses for what you did, you just have to own up to it and be open about it. That's what I believe, anyway. So I guess the reason is that I screwed up badly because I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I never had bad intentions when I was doing what I did. Next time I need to just be more patient, more understanding, and less stupid.

Why do you want to come back: I really enjoy the community and people on this server. I would say that I have made a few friends on this server even though I've only been on the server for a few days. I know that I make poor decisions but I try to do the right thing and I try to be the best I can be, even if I make dumb decisions.

"Why you should be unbanned" does not mean "why did you do what you did," it means "Why should I let you back? Convince me!"

(04-18-2021, 03:36 AM)Nether_Ruler Wrote: "Why you should be unbanned" does not mean "why did you do what you did," it means "Why should I let you back? Convince me!"

Sorry about that. If you don't mind I'll just put what I'd change that section to in this reply.

I believe I should be unbanned because I want to help out the community. I mean I have afked at the public farms multiple times so that people would be able to have crops to farm if they needed to as well as farming a bit myself in order to get bonemeal to grow the crops. I also did what I did to try to bring attention to the fact that the area above most farms wasn't world-guarded so I didn't have bad intentions in the first place (I know this sentence breaks what you mentioned a bit but I feel like it's important to say). I haven't played for very long so I haven't had the chance to be able to help out other people in very meaningful ways yet because I just don't have the resources to do so but I would love to get a second chance to try to make the community just that little bit better.

Okay, I appreciate the honesty you put into your appeal. The one issue I had was the part where you mentioned bringing attention to the fact that the server-owned farms were not correctly protected by world-guard. You already had done that the previous day, when you had originally built above the farm and reported it to me. The staff team lead lives outside of the game too, just because something is not immediately fixed does not mean we do not acknowledge it. Griefing the warp only caused more issues and wasted time.

That being said, there are a few questions I want you to answer before I consider your appeal. Effort goes a long way, although I won't strictly enforce any minimum for length.

1. If something is not claimed, is it ok to build on top of it?
2. After reporting something to a staff member who acknowledges the report, is there a need to continue trying to bring attention to it?
3. Why is griefing not allowed?
4. What have you learned from this experience?

(04-19-2021, 02:34 AM)Nether_Ruler Wrote: Okay, I appreciate the honesty you put into your appeal. The one issue I had was the part where you mentioned bringing attention to the fact that the server-owned farms were not protected by world-guard. You already had done that the previous day, when you had originally built above the farm and reported it to me. The staff team lead lives outside of the game too, just because something is not immediately fixed does not mean we do not acknowledge it. Griefing the warp only caused more issues and wasted time.

That being said, there are a few questions I want you to answer before I consider your appeal. Effort goes a long way, although I won't strictly enforce any minimum for length.

1. If something is not claimed, is it ok to build on top of it?
2. After reporting something to a staff member who acknowledges the report, is there a need to continue trying to bring attention to it?
3. Why is griefing not allowed?
4. What have you learned from this experience?
1. I do not believe so. It's especially harmful when it comes to farms because some require a certain light level to function.
2. No. Doing so can actually do more harm because it can alert other members to the fact it exists and then people might abuse it. There's also no need to push it because once it's reported then the staff will most likely already be taking steps to fix the problem.
3. Griefing is not allowed because it harms other players. Doing so could ruin someone's hard work and inconvenience staff and other members.
4. I have learned to think about my actions more and to be more patient. I also learned to value the hard work other people put in and to be more mindful.
Even though this is relatively small I've been fretting over this for a while and I just hope I get the opportunity to play on this server again.

Very well, you've been unbanned. Welcome back to HomeTown

(04-20-2021, 08:23 AM)Nether_Ruler Wrote: Very well, you've been unbanned. Welcome back to HomeTown

Glad to be back! Thanks!