• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: IdleAlways

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): "helping a player through the quiz"

Who banned you: melaniebeedot

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): I’m sincerely sorry for the actions that led to my ban. I saw a player who asked for help on the quiz and I had no clue it was against the rules to help. The quiz was implemented to help players memorize the rules and I thought I was doing the server a favor by helping players memorize them. Now, I can see that what I did was wrong. If I knew what I did was wrong or against the rules at the time, it would never have even crossed my mind to do what I did. I wholeheartedly had no idea I was breaking any rules. I’m not asking for an unban. I’m just asking for a ban duration that isn’t permanent. Thank you for taking your time to read my appeal and I wish you all happy holidays.

Why do you want to come back: This server is unique. I’ve never seen anything like it. When you look at most big servers, the staff team and community have some type of flaw. However, on here, every time there is an issue, it gets resolved almost instantly. The friendliness of the community and staff team is the biggest reason why I kept coming back to this server. It’s truly different than anywhere else. I’ve made so many friends over my time playing HomeTown and I have no other way to contact these friends besides through server chat. It would take a big toll on my mental health not being able to talk to them ever again and for all my dedication put into this server to go to nothing.

I'm a bit confused..

You saw a player who asked for help on the quiz? Where did you see this? Players can't talk until they get out of the quiz. 

As for wholeheartedly having no idea you were breaking any rules, this is the sign you passed as you entered the quiz, both in this instance along with the new player, as well as the first time you joined the server and had to complete the quiz yourself:

[Image: dnrOi2F.jpg]

So I'm not sure how you missed that.

Sorry, I meant a player who needed help (I remember how dull the quiz was when I took it, but I now understand it is necessary), and I didn't see the sign before entering the house. I rushed past it. I'm sorry for helping the new player and I won't help any more players through the quiz again.

I'm still confused on how you knew the player needed help?

By "I saw a player who needed help," I didn't literally mean they told me or asked me for help, I just remembered how it was like taking the quiz and decided to help. I thought I was doing the server a favor because there was like 5 people on and the player would likely just log off like most do.

Ohh ok.

So, how does it help the player to memorize the rules when you give all the answers away?

It doesn't and I see that now. All I did was help one player and I genuinely will not do it again.

But haven't you helped other players through the quiz before?

I don't remember, maybe?

I can't recall other times I've helped players through the quiz so no.

what about on your other account?