Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Treasure Hunt
Ahoy, Matey!

Welcome to HomeTown's
First Official Treasure Hunt!

[Image: sasOYbj.gif]

Since there's been a bit of trouble finding treasure chests with the last few resource maps, we've created our own HomeTown treasure hunt!

The hunt will lead you through a series of clues that take you to a series of places around the server. All the locations are public spaces available by /warp or near by one, to help you out, the first 8 clues are in or around SpawnTown! Read the clues carefully, there are key words that hint at the locations if they're not outright obvious. There will be items to collect at most clues locations along the way, be sure to grab one of each, and then at the end you will find instructions on how to claim your prize!

What is the prize, you ask? 

Cold. Hard. Cash.

For this first treasure hunt, a cash prize of $25,000 will be given to the first 5 players who collect all the items and complete the treasure hunt!

Here are some ground rules, because you know we have to spell them out:

1. Only 5 individual players can collect the cash prize at the end, you can't win again on an alt.

2. You can help each other with figuring out the clues and where to go, but remember this is supposed to be challenging but fun, so if you just give it away, that's no fun. Tongue

3. Each individual player must go to each clue to collect their own items to win.

4. Each individual player may only collect 1 of each item, you can't get an extra for a friend
(if you accidentally get more than 1, just let a staff member know and they'll put it back)

To get started, head on over to /warp TreasureHunt and pick up the first clue!

If you like this treasure hunt and would like us to design another, we'd be happy to make a harder one for an even higher cash prize! Wink Just reply to this thread with your feedback and we'll do our best to make the next one even better! 

That's about it! 

Happy hunting!

Hi there, I just wanted to say I had a lot of fun with this treasure hunt and would love to see it come back for others to do too, If I may, the only feedback I have is to give more of a heads-up in case people wanted to do it, maybe at least 12hours, I had to rush to get on once I saw the announcement, and if there was a longer heads-up I know a lot more people would participate!
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

this was so much fun!!! im glad I was able to get one of the first 5. the second clue stumped me but the rest was easy for me. perhaps maybe a longer and harder one would be fun and maybe in more warps the are not just around spawn and spawn town. I really liked this I cant wait for the next one Big Grin
[Image: sW0qOSG]

The hunt was great! I actually liked the event being spontaneous. My only feedback would be to have an item at the end that we can keep. Not anything useful, just something to keep as a trophy in my collectables chest!

Edit: I didn't notice the amethyst shard trophy in my inventory! It's perfect!

Loved participating! I was helping another player behind the screen for this one (since we only had one computer available), but I'm hoping to participate in the next one for sure. Hoping for more of a head up next time since I don't check Discord all too much, haha. I saw someone mention an ingame trophy for winning, and I love that idea. Can't wait until the next hunt! -JaydeToast

I didn't participate, wanted others to win but in my opinion this was the amazing idea! I think that this would make a great monthly event. Next time I'd be happy to donate some money Wink. But great idea to people that came up with this! ? ?
May 9 will be 4 years

I was thinking and maybe a few 'fake clues' to lead someone off their path would be an interesting concept. . .
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023