Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal - x-ray
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: Intervention_FMJ

Reason for your ban: Xray

Who banned you: ThatOneWolfe/LyingStar

Why should you be unbanned: Let me start by saying that I apologize, I've had this server saved in my multiplayer for years and skipped the rules, I do have morals so I don't mess with peoples stuff, but wasn't thinking about xray being permaban-able. Me and 3 other co-workers wanted to start playing Minecraft so I recommended this server since I've had it saved and it's been up for so long. We started from scratch. We started building and planning, and wanted to take over the shop business, we want to dominate so I decided to install xray yesterday, I used it slightly yesterday, and today. I'm not going to lie to you guys. I am willing to send you guys money to unban me. I can't leave my co-workers out. I will uninstall the xray. After I saw I was banned it made me think and realize that it messes with the economy. I did not think about that before. I won't do it again and will uninstall it.

You missed a section of the ban appeal format, "Why do you want to come back," please update your appeal accordingly. Either edit the original post or add onto it below this reply.

Why do you want to come back: 

1. My co-workers are invested into this server and I don’t want to mess it up for them.
2. The community is great and staff is expertly organized.
3. This server has been up for years, so we know that our investment into it is not wasted.
4. Now I know that I won’t have to go against x-rayers economically because they will get banned.

Also I want to say that MoneyBagMoss & BotTavious are not xraying incase they some how got banned tonight too. I did tp them to me when doing it tonight  trying to show off I guess. I don’t want to drag them in this. If they are banned they shouldn’t be

I appreciate the honesty and admission that you did, in fact, x-ray. Makes this process a bit more streamlined for both of us.

In lieu of me rambling on about x-ray and it's negative consequences, I find that it's infinitely more efficient to have you explain them to me, so I'm going to post a few questions here for you to answer. I'm not a huge sucker for one sentence answers, and yours are expected to be conclusive and thought out (unless otherwise noted)

1. It takes effort to find diamonds, and many players spend hours mining for them. How do you think they would feel if you suddenly have way more than them but haven't put in the same type of effort they have?
2. How does x-raying and selling diamonds effect the owners of player-shops
3. How does it effect the server economy in general?
4. How could x-raying with other players affect them?

The answers you produce may levy further questions, but these are my primary ones for now.

As a side note, we do not accept monetary exchanges for being unbanned. Every player has to go through the same process.

1. It takes effort to find diamonds, and many players spend hours mining for them. How do you think they would feel if you suddenly have way more than them but haven't put in the same type of effort they have?:

They would probably feel that it's unfair and leave the server to go find somewhere where they have equal advantage to make money fairly. Sorry Didn't think about that until now.

2. How does x-raying and selling diamonds effect the owners of player-shops: 

It unfairly effects their money balance and possibly makes them not want to have the sell option in their shop. It could also lead to the Diamond price to go down.

3. How does it effect the server economy in general?: 

It takes money away from player owned shops in large amounts, causing a mass transfer of wealth, possibly causing the price of diamond to go down, which could turn into a trickle effect and begin effecting other item prices in the shops. I think it would also lower the price of diamond because of higher supply, which may ruin the game for players and cause them to leave the server.

4. How could x-raying with other players affect them?: 

I wasn't thinking about this one until last night, because I was with my friends/coworkers. It could get them in trouble as they may could be mistaken for xraying when they're really not. We were all in a discord call and I was trying to show off. I won't do it again!

If I were to come back I promise not to do it again and will respect everyone and the rules and continue to work on building and supplying our shop naturally. I believe I fully understand why x-ray is not tolerated now and will not do it for the sake of the servers integrity.

I appreciate your replies, but after conferral as a team (standard for x-ray appeals) we've come to the conclusion that we're going to need a little more. Preferably not short answers, but ones that are rather thought out and descriptive.

Three things to consider:
1. Why x-ray/cheating is wrong
2. Who it affects
3. A statement saying you will review and hold yourself to the rules from this time forward.

Either a single paragraph is fine or if you want to break it into three separate ones, that's okay too, I'm not too picky.

1. Why x-ray/cheating is wrong
2. Who it affects
3. A statement saying you will review and hold yourself to the rules from this time forward.

I'm sorry that's just how I speak I'm not doing the one sentence thing on purpose lol, Xray/cheating is wrong because it's unfair to other players and disproportionately effects shop owners and their money balance, It effects the players in the game by ruining the morale and could even lead to them leaving the server. I re-reviewed the rules on discord and I will hold myself to those rules from this point forward, I promise! I uninstalled the xray and will send a screen shot in discord for proof.

I, Intervention_FMJ, apologize for using x-ray, have uninstalled it, and have re-read the rules of the smp.hometownmc.com Minecraft server and promise to hold myself to those rules from this point forward.