Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban appeal- JoesMine231
Banned server: smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft username: JoesMine231

Reason for ban:
[Image: HfhvKqhr5AWr8bdfH1XysbAZ4gzt01BjWOMo4jAF...p0BGZrnlfg]

Banned by rayvenz

Why should you be unbanned: I was banned in April 2018 (5 years ago.) At the time of being banned I did not break any rules, months previously I had been banned for disrespect, somewhat rightfully so as I had been rude but not vulgar towards another player who I felt was cheating me. This is not about that small incident. I was banned after politely speaking to a staff member who’s user name was rayvenz about ways in which I thought the rules should be more specific to prevent misuse. Mid conversation, not rant, rayvenz suddenly told me she would ban me if I didn't quit talking about the rules. I immediately quit the discussion. The only thing I wrote after was a polite message telling her I'd leave her alone but asking her to please reconsider her decision not to talk to me about this issue. That is when I was banned. I did not harass her, I did not insult her. Since this incident I was briefly a builder/moderator on one server, and for a more lengthy time an admin on another server. This kind of ban would never fly. Not only am I not guilty of breaking any rules with regard to this ban, but the reason listed is: “banned by rayvenz forever.” I'm guessing this is not your policy as the ban format says to copy the exact thing you see when you try to join the server. As I grow older and wiser I realize the mistakes I have made in the past in general and with regards to what I have done. Though in this particular case I have now recognized rayvenz actions and words for what they were, plain emotional black mail and abuse. I can easily substantiate this claim, but the goal of this appeal is merely to be unbanned not to exact revenge or have rayvenz taken off the staff team or banned. I will only write more on this topic if asked to. 

Why come back after all this time? 
I don't actually plan on coming back to the server in its entirety, Mostly I just want absolution as this gets on my mind every year or so. This issue made me quite sick to my stomach at the time as I had been using hometown as an escape from a busy life to hang out with friends irl and online. I would also like to take some screenshots of my previous builds, if they are still standing. I understand it's likely there has been a reset since. I may play somewhat, just don't know yet and probably shouldn't make plans until and unless I'm unbanned anyhow. It would be nice to be able to say again that I have never been banned without an acquittal. 

Hey Joe,

As Rayvenz is no longer with the staff team, I will be handling your appeal.

I'm going to make this clear at the beginning, I am not here to listen to justifications or argument.
You were consistently badgering staff over one thing or another, arguing over rules you disagreed with, and when told to let those conversations drop instead shifted to goading or outright insulting members of our staff team. Both of your bans were directly caused by these behaviors. As for what rule you broke:

"1: Be respectful to other players and staff. Don't be annoying on purpose. This includes racism, sexism, and backtalk."

This is currently the first rule under /rules on the server. I believe at the time that you were banned it was listed as rule 2 instead. 

The fact of the matter is this, you were actively and knowingly making our staff's jobs harder and less enjoyable by choosing to continually argue with them. You were making the community less enjoyable to be a part of by doing the same thing with our players. 

I advise that you read and try to comprehend what Frost told you on your last appeal. 

[Image: SGgXhpi.png]

Just the sheer fact that you are still not able to take responsibility for your actions and are instead trying to claim "emotional blackmail and abuse" tells me you haven't grown out of those behaviors either. You will not get your absolution here. 

As Frost previously said, I believe it is best for the Hometown community that you remain banned. 

Appeal Denied.
Discord: Guy#1507