Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): HomeTown SMP

Minecraft name: LunarShifts

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): Xray

Who banned you: Melaniebeedot

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): I was wrongfully exploiting the resource world and I admit my wrongdoing. I shouldn't have even considered using it in the first place, and I'm very sorry for it now.

Why do you want to come back: This is the only SMP server I've played on that I've enjoyed a lot, especially since I'm able to play with my irl friends across java and bedrock. I shouldn't have even downloaded Xray, even if it was for wanting to see through building walls, which was my original intention. If I'm unbanned, I promise to never cheat like I have again.

I can see that you found the ban appeal format page, considering you did copy and paste the template, so that's a start I suppose... but I wonder if you read any of the rules below the template? I've grabbed a screenshot for our reference:

[Image: 5LEJbfC.jpg]

Directly below the template, I've outlined for you in a red box, please note the statement specifically relating to x-ray appeals, notably the parts where it says "long and well written" and "as much effort as possible".

This point is also reitterated in #2 listed just below that, "Write a detailed appeal ... Make us want to unban you. One or two sentences makes us want to deny your appeal." Considering the "Why should you be unbanned" section of your appeal is 2 sentences, needless to say, you might want to revisit that section.

I would also like to point out #5 and #6 about being patient, because you immediately messaged me on discord to inform me when you had posted your appeal, and then when i didn't respond, you messaged another admin 5 minutes later. Staff don't necessarily handle ban appeals the moment they are posted, as we are always busy and often have other tasks to attend to before we can get to you in the queue, and we have real lives outside of the server as well, so you'll just need to be patient throughout this appeal process if you want to be considered for unban.

Now, if you'd like to revisit your appeal, and expand on it, I'll let you do that before we proceed with the appeal process.

Some things to consider when revising your appeal:

1. Why do you think we have a zero tolerance policy on x-ray?
2. How does x-raying affect other players? Shop owners? The server's economy as a whole?
3. Why should a second chance be given to someone who was well aware of the rules and chose to break them anyways?

I apologise for my initial reaction to the ban, I realise that it was very rushed. I'll admit I was very upset about losing access to my favorite SMP server I spent years on, and I also realize sending DMs about the appeal wasn't the right option. I have no excuse for the use of X-Ray, I won't even try to come up with one. I now realize now how much of an affect it has on the server economy and other players, and I do feel bad for trying to exploit it in such a way. I'll understand if you don't give me a second chance, I should have kept that rule in mind while I was gathering resources, my decision was unexcusable, especially since the rule was so prominent on the server.

I also apologise for my short response, I had difficulty with essays in hs, and never passed english or writing. I understand if this once is also too short, this is just about the best I can do. I once again apologise for this incident and my choices following the ban, and I hope you have a good day.

You didn't even answer any of the questions I gave you. My instructions were to revise your original appeal and expand on it, and I gave you specific questions as we normally do on ban appeals so the player can demonstrate their understanding of the impact their actions can have and why they were banned for them. 

"I now realize now how much of an affect it has..." How much is that? Tell us what affect it has. Answer the questions you were given.

Sorry for my delayed response. I have been trying to ensure that I have drafted the best response possible.

Going back and reading my original appeal, I see the reasoning to expand on the fact that I need more effort in my response to what I did wrong and what I should have done instead. Again, I realize my wrongdoing in using the x-ray, especially because it is such a well known rule. I originally had downloaded to look through walls to see how things were built, as that is an interest of mine. Later, I made the inexcusable decision to use it for gathering resources to sell and make a profit. Instead, I should have asked those who built the builds I was looking through if they could show me. I don’t have an excuse as to why I did that, I am just truly deeply sorry that I did.

I now realize the impact of using X-ray has on the server. Using X-ray essentially equates to me stealing from other players and the server as a whole. I easily found resources that other players would have worked so very hard to find. I then sold those resources, which impacts shop owners because they paid me for those resources. The overall economy of the server is impacted, as the market is potentially over-saturated in product which could lead to the price that shop owners offering to buy the product lowering. This, in turn, leads to less money in the players banks (those selling the products to shop owners).

I think that you all have a zero tolerance policy for the use of X-ray because it is truly cheating and stealing in the game. I realize this now, and I am truly sorry I used it. The HomeTowm server is my favorite Minecraft server I have ever played. I enjoy playing on the server with my friends. That is the overall reason for my appeal; I hope to be unbanned so I can get back on and play on the best server I have found thus far. Giving someone who used X-ray a second chance is understandably not done often. I understand if you all do not want to unban me for using X-ray, and I want to thank you in advance for even reading through my appeal to give me the chance of potentially undoing the ban.

Your appeal has been discussed among the Mod+ staff team and we have decided to accept your appeal.

Per our protocol for x-ray bans, you will receive a 1 month temp-ban starting from the date of your appeal, which was June 30th, 2023.

Also per our protocol for x-ray bans, all of your diamond and netherite wares have been confiscated, including armor, tools, gems, ingots, blocks, and ores, as well as your /balance has been reset to $0.