• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Build off for the new /Warp Shop!
Winner

The winner of the shopcontest is............... Lilian aka mumsan19. Congratulations!!!

Hello, Hometowners!

We are going to have a build off. Hometown is in need of a new /warp shop and we would like you to build it. All players, regardless of rank or time on server, are invited to participate in the build off. 

It will take place during the entire month of May (May 1st to May 31st), giving you an entire month to make your build the best one. Staff will then vote on the best build, and first place will become the new /Warp shop.

If you would like to participate, please read the rules below.

Rules:

1. Anyone can participate. Mods and Admins will not since they will be the judges.
2. ONLY use the build world for the build off. Any builds not intended for the competition will  be removed.
3. Outline your building area so other players do not build into your intended space.
4. One entry per person. You may not have two or more builds in the competition.
5. You may build with a partner or team, however that will count as each persons one entry.
6. We ONLY want this to replace warp shop, and not to double as repairs or enchanting.
7. Your build must have everything our current warp shop has.
8. Please make it so that we can expand on it if needed
9. Post here with the coordinates of your build so we can keep track of them.
10. Normal server rules do apply (no griefing, etc).
11. Any questions, ask a Mod or Admin.
12. If a build is chosen with 2 players as the builders the prize will still be the same and you will need to decide who gets what prize.

Important Information:
Please keep up to date with this thread as rules may change later.
We will modify this thread with any new important information.

To start:
Warp Shop_Contest or /warp shopcontest and find yourself an open area to build.

Prizes:
The winner will be given a dragon head and an Elytra as a prize for the choosing of your build as the winner.

Bear in Mind:
One of the big reasons we want to replace the old shop is because the current organization is way too inefficient for browsing through all the different heads. So plan accordingly, and don't make a single giant hallway like the current one is! An aisle-based system would be stellar.

My coordinates are 420.841 / 3.00000 / 493.263
im with partner obscuredkaoz  ;3 kek kek Heart
 Thank you ara for helping me move it  Blush

NOTE: obby had a building IDEA we asked several times for it to be removed and we dont know if it was or not q.q.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problems." - Captain Jack Sparrow"

324 4 87
I'm working on my own u.u
(Sarah added some of the floor)
- KatNip

Is it going to be near any other place? Like having it near the market would be beneficial as it would draw players from both the market and shop to each other, same with warp protect and market info. If it's going to be near one or more of them, then keeping the theme would be good to know Smile

My cords are -32     , 4    ,and 733

I am working alone

and is there a way I could just get money instead of stuff. Just a question and or preference

(05-02-2016, 08:48 AM)Thorsassin Wrote: Is it going to be near any other place? Like having it near the market would be beneficial as it would draw players from both the market and shop to each other, same with warp protect and market info. If it's going to be near one or more of them, then keeping the theme would be good to know Smile
No, we separated the facilities with the current market because it caused unnecessary lag for players who were there to only use one area. As such the new shop will also be standalone.

(05-02-2016, 09:37 AM)GhostBuster123 Wrote: My cords are -32     , 4    ,and 733

I am working alone

and is there a way I could just get money instead of stuff. Just a question and or preference
Prizes cannot be swapped out for cash, but you are free to sell them yourself. We don't want to directly inject a large amount of cash into the economy.

So you say it must have everything the current shop has. The current shop has heads. We can't get those with /give cause we don't have access to it. Do we just make a hole for each head?

Use pots for the heads. In a case you have a floating head use a sign. This will work as a place holder as we don't want yall to use all the heads as it would cause unneeded lag for everyone that decides to participate in this contest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
[Image: rIcAAht.png?1]

I'm working with Horsesonya and Marimbah
Coords:
-405 / 4 / 418
xo

Oi ara, Can I use/modify that thing we made in creative?
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]