• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
That is not at all what I meant by my post. I wasn't pointing fingers, I didn't say it was your fault for banning me. I understand why you banned me, I xrayed. I broke the rules. The only thing I didn't understand was why xraying is seen as a worse crime than griefing. Either way, I will attempt to apologize, I've looked through numerous servers and I'm frankly quite bored with them, Hometown is really a nice place and I would like to at least try to get back, although you're not getting a full 5 paragraph essay out of me.

I understand what I did was wrong, I broke a rule that is implicitly stated in the server rules, and for that I am deeply sorry. My complete motive behind why I xrayed is as follows:

1. I had heard people talking on the server about xraying in the past and it didn't seem like it was too big of a deal
2. I had been mining for an hour or so not finding any useful resources, with people in chat bragging about all of the things they were finding

Frankly, I had gotten frustrated and I didn't think there would be any significant consequences due to how the people were talking about it. I have never actually xrayed before, and I really do not plan to do so again. Although I do understand now why it is wrong to do.

If enough people xrayed on the server, it would mess with the entire economy system, the difficulty level of the game, and various other factors. It would also give players who did xray an unfair advantage over those who did not. After all, xray texture packs and xray mods are cheats for the game and are generally not allowed on any multiplayer servers. When I decided to xray I was not really thinking of the consequences of my actions, or how they would affect the larger populous, I was merely frustrated in the moment and thinking only of myself, which is never a good thing to do. As I originally stated, if allowed back onto the server, I will surrender any items gotten through xray to a moderator willingly, as they were more or less cheated in.

I really do hope you will take my apology into consideration, even though it's not your desired length. I really do love hometown. It's quite frankly the nicest server I have found yet. It has a strict no grief policy, no pvp, which is a must for me, and an amazing community. I would love the opportunity to be able to be able to implement myself into the community again, because there are so many amazing people that are a part of it.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Messages In This Thread
Ban Appeal - by Skoliro - 03-19-2016, 04:34 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Grimm_Wolfe - 03-19-2016, 09:22 PM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Skoliro - 03-20-2016, 07:24 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Grimm_Wolfe - 03-20-2016, 04:17 PM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Skoliro - 03-20-2016, 07:03 PM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Grimm_Wolfe - 03-20-2016, 11:05 PM