The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: Lukiewookipookie

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): Major disrespect and continuous refusal to abide by the rules.

Who banned you: Nether_Ruler

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): So I would like to firstly apologize for any apparent disrespect, I tried to express multiple times that the perceived disrespect was not intended. I can think of one instance that displayed disrespect that I was made aware of, when I typed out "Claim" individually to Melanie. However, as previously mentioned, it was not my intention to be disrespectful, I felt that she was not understanding me and my attempts to understand the distinction between a "build claim" and a "golden shovel claim". I was using the phrase "build" to describe a "build claim" and "claim" to describe a "golden shovel claim" whereas she was using "claim" to describe "build claim". Attempting to communicate with someone who is using the same words/phrasing as you while meaning something entirely different is very frustrating and challenging and I attempted many times to clear up the misconception (which I feel we did), however I have since been banned. To address the claims of "refusal to abide by the rules", although I did not move away my golden shovel claim, I did not refuse or move it back once Nether_Ruler moved my claim to abide by the rules. After my claim was moved by them, I picked up my stray beacons, consolidated my claim to the mountain and moved to a new area. A few hours later I did have a lengthy and unfinished conversation with Melanie about the distinction between areas that are granted the 100 block radius and areas that do not meet the requirement because I was asked to push my claim away from two areas that did not have a 5x5x5 living area with a locked container inside as per section 6: Property Etiquette, rule E1: "A 100-block radius claim will be centered around a 5x5x5 (or larger) living area with a locked chest or furnace inside to determine who owns the building and when the claim was formed" which describes the requirements for a claim to be "considered legitimate". I do understand that my golden shovel claim was very close to the aforementioned areas, however there is no other distance requirement listed anywhere (that I can find) for areas that do not meet the 5x5x5 living area with a locked chest.

Why do you want to come back: I have been playing on this server since 2014/15 because I do enjoy the set up of this server; no super colorful chat, no overbearing HUD, vote rewards, and VIP perks. I also feel as though I was unjustly banned as explained above.

Messages In This Thread
Ban Appeal - by Divergent_ - 05-22-2024, 05:30 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Nether_Ruler - 05-28-2024, 11:13 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Nether_Ruler - 05-28-2024, 11:15 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Divergent_ - 06-01-2024, 09:55 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Nether_Ruler - 06-02-2024, 04:24 AM