• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Ban Appeal
[07:35:40] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /msg Lukiewookipookie i replied to your latest #suggestion, offering to chat about the rules to help clear up any misconceptions?
[07:36:37] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r because my claim did not have verification that it was there first. it was pushed back forcefully. now ive moved'
[07:37:09] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r which makes 0 sense that someone can come and build on the edge of my claim and me have to be the one who is in the wrong
I'm going to entertain the idea that your GS claim was there before them and you left it completely untouched. What is the probability that these players happened to build almost exactly on the edge of your claim? The answer is near 0. Most players who join the server don't even know how to use the claiming function, so I find it seriously difficult to believe that three separate players (one guest, a rookie, and a regular) found the edge of your claim specifically, and decided to build almost directly on it.
[07:37:26] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r they didn't build on the edge of your claim tho, they're hundreds of blocks from you?
[07:37:32] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r negative
No, not negative.
[07:37:40] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r i can't even see your build from their build
[07:37:51] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r youre looking at the wrong build then
[07:38:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r ive abandoned that area now anyway
[07:38:28] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /msg Lukiewookipookie there's multiple builds around you that you had expanded your gold shovel claim right up to them
[07:38:32] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r since with the pushed back claim, the area is insufficient
[07:38:38] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r yeop thats true
[07:38:49] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r yea you can't expand your claim into someone else's 100 block's tho?
[07:39:06] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r youre jumping ahead and inferring falsities incorrectly
[07:39:19] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r what am i falsely inferring?
[07:39:25] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /home home
[07:39:59] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /tpahere mel
[07:40:03] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r see this place here?
[07:40:13] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /tpaccept
[07:40:15] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /fly
[07:40:16] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r this was built within 100 blocks of my claim
[07:40:26] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r and because my claim huts were build afterwards
[07:40:32] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r my claim to the area is invalid
[07:40:50] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r your mountain over there is well over 100 blocks away
[07:40:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r my CLAIM
[07:40:58] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r C
[07:41:00] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r l
[07:41:01] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r a
[07:41:03] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r i
[07:41:04] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r there's no need to be rude.
[07:41:05] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r m
As Melanie mentioned, this was a ridiculous thing to do. I understand you were frustrated, but it gives you no right to be obnoxious and disrespectful.
[07:41:21] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r youre not reading what im saying and you think you know what im talking about
[07:41:37] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r i know what you're talking about, you're talking about the gold shovel claim, right?
[07:41:40] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r so instead of trying to get your answer that you want, why dont you try and listen
Again, obnoxious and disrespectful. I understand that you were talking about two different things, but on one hand we have Melanie, who was nothing short of perfectly patient with you, and on the other hand we have you, who is handling this is perhaps the worst way possible. Both of these people are faced with the same situation: the other person not understanding them. Which of these ways do you think will produce a more fruitful result?
[07:41:47] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r there's no need to be rude.
[07:42:23] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r i agree, when im rude, ill apologize. but so far none has taken place, now onwards
Again, obnoxious and disrespectful. You have shown throughout all these conversations that you very clearly do not apologize when you're being rude, and if you think that all of this is a good way to speak to people, I feel genuine empathy for those who have to deal with you outside of this server.
[07:42:56] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /msg Lukiewookipookie spelling out the word claim at me one letter at a time is patronizing and rude and unnecessary.
[07:43:19] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r yah, when you give me the same respect ill give it to you.
Melanie has yet to disrespect you a single time. 
[07:43:23] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r anyway
[07:43:33] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r when have i ever been disrespectful to you? i'm here reaching out trying to help you.
[07:44:40] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r i have the same question to you, as you were not understanding what i was talking about and for some reason thought i said mountain, when i clearly said claim
[07:44:59] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r but you were rude and didnt listen
[07:45:10] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r so now thats cleared up lets get to the actual thing thats happening here
[07:45:24] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r i'm not being rude in the least. your mountain is where your claim is. that's where you've built on, that's where your chests are.
[07:45:50] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r im not being rude in the least either. thats your interpretation
Y-yeah. That was her interpretation, my interpretation, and the interpretation of everyone else who has seen these messages. 
[07:45:52] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r anyway
[07:45:53] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r extending your gold shovel claim past that does not extend your 100 blocks, 100 blocks is measured from the actual builds themselves
[07:46:13] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r there we go, that is the silly rule
[07:46:29] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r whats the point of claim blocks if people can just park themselves wherever
[07:47:03] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /home new
[07:47:46] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r claim blocks physically prevent blocks from being broken. however, gold shovel claims can be resized without any records of it, so we can't measure 100 blocks from the gold shovel claim line itself.
[07:48:08] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r yep
[07:48:17] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r that's inherent in the plugin and we cannot change it
Another person telling you the exact thing I told you more than once. Redundant, isn't it?
[07:48:38] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r you can check logs to see when the plugin was used by the player
[07:48:49] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r but not the position?
[07:48:57] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r am i correct in that?
[07:49:09] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r no you cannot. picking up the corner of a claim with a gold shovel and moving it further out, leaves no logs whatsoever.
[07:49:58] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r ah right, well still it doesnt make sense that someone can push your claim back 100 blocks by building where your claimed area is
[07:50:10] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r simply because currently there is no build there
[07:50:18] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r they didn't build where your claimed area is, they are hundreds of blocks from your builds
[07:50:29] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r you arent listening again
[07:50:32] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r read what i said
[07:51:08] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r there is no proof that your gold shovel claim has always been this close. we measure your 100 blocks from your builds.
Another person telling you the exact thing I told you more than once. Redundant, isn't it?
[07:51:51] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r there it is, this proof thing. such a thing seems quite integral to the server. so why is it not stated when claiming that it means nothing
[07:53:06] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r the area i was originally talking about was not these pink ones, it's on the opposite side past the claim that nether removed
[07:53:21] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r okay?
[07:53:52] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r i know for certain that your gold shovel claim was not originally extended that far, because the claim nether removed was in the way
[07:54:05] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r yah why are we talking about that one
[07:54:08] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r after nether removed the claim, you extended your gold shovel right up to the edge of this base over here
[07:54:34] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r so why are you stating the obvious when that isnt what im talking about
[07:55:01] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r it's what i'm talking about. this is what i originally reached out to you about. i was explaining that you can't extend your gold shovel claim up against someone's base.
[07:55:13] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r and you took me over to the other one, which is not what i was addressing
[07:55:16] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r okay and it isnt like that
[07:55:19] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r anymore
[07:55:43] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r i see that, i'm just trying to clarify the rules for you because you seemed to have a lot of misconceptions about them
[07:56:02] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r im now very clear on the rules around claims
[07:56:20] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r so moving on
[07:56:29] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r why are golden shovel claims meaningless
[07:56:36] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r other than this lack of proof thing
[07:56:44] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r they're not meaningless, they are used to physically protect a block from being broken
[07:57:01] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r so why is it not stated that it doesnt count as a claim
[07:57:12] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r even though the shovel is named claim shovel
[07:57:25] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r it does count as a claim, it just doesn't count as a measuring point for the 100-block rule
[07:57:49] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r and you see no problem with there being no info on that
[07:58:14] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /warp claim
[07:58:48] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r also whats up with your staff accusing people of their interpretation of behaviour? what gives them the right to label anyone anything?
[07:58:49] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /warp rules
[07:59:00] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r i'm not sure what you mean by that?
[07:59:30] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r Ender accused me of many things and even told me that i recieved information that i did not
You did though. Esp directed you to the forums, where you received the information about when you can request a noob hut removal. I called you defensive because that's what you were being. I brought something up to you and instead of having a respectable conversation you immediately hopped on the defensive and were being aggressive with me. That is not only my interpretation, but the interpretation of those who have seen these messages. 
[07:59:37] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r who?
[07:59:44] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r nether sorry
[07:59:49] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r accused you of what?
[08:00:07] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r being defensive
[08:00:37] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r does stating the truth constitute me being labeled anything from your staff?
[08:00:55] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r you didn't state the truth, you misquoted me actually
[08:01:04] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r do you have proof of that>
[08:01:06] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r ?
[08:01:29] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r yes, i have the conversation you had with nether, and i have the conversation you and i had in #server-chat
[08:01:43] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r yah can i see the quote from you?

*Mel switched to discord to send screenshot of original conversation regarding this claim on 5-9-24*
[Image: 8OpmDA8.png]
[Image: zKVRJxd.png]
[Image: EYvE7Mo.png]
[Image: Wx7SACQ.png]
[Image: 5dXYYMo.png]
[Image: TJig23R.png]
[Image: xPtbjSa.png]
[Image: UUYlmO9.png]
The last message was sent after the below chat log, but I wanted to address it. Telling someone who's been staffing here for years that they have a misconception about the rules when you are the one who is wrong is, not to sound redundant, belligerent and rude, especially since Melanie went out of her way to try and clear up a misconception that you held. As I said before, every single spot that you claimed near counted as a valid claim. 
*Mel switched back to game upon Luke sending her a tp request*

[08:50:40] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /tpaccept
[08:50:47] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /msg Lukiewookipookie timed out
[08:51:03] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /tp Lukiewookipookie
[08:51:04] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /fly
[08:51:12] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /tpahere mel
[08:51:14] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /tpaccept
[08:51:20] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /kit claimcheck
[08:51:22] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r no part of this is 5x tall
[08:51:25] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r no floor
[08:51:43] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r it doesn't have to be 5x tall, it's not trying to be a claim hut, it's a whole base
[08:52:07] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r thats fine, but in order for the 100 blocks...
[08:52:27] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r E. A claim will only be considered legitimate if the following is met:e1. A 100-block radius claim will be centered around a 5x5x5 (or larger) living area with a locked chest or furnace inside to determine who owns the building and when the claim was
[08:54:38] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r its the same with the other thing which is only a chair
[08:54:47] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r that i was also forced to move my claim away from
[08:55:29] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /home new
[08:55:49] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /back
[08:55:55] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r this area is much larger than 5x5, they have a gold shovel claim on the area and they've built inside it, they are entitled to their space, not from the edge of their gold shovel claim, but from the edge of structures they have physically built
[08:56:14] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r so the rules dont matter?'
[08:56:15] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /gmsp
[08:56:30] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r the rules do matter, you're just not understanding them
[08:56:33] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /flyspeed 1
[08:56:36] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /gms
[08:56:38] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /fly
[08:56:50] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /flyspeed 10
[08:57:22] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r in the rules it says under property etiquette
[08:57:25] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r E. A claim will only be considered legitimate if the following is met:e1. A 100-block radius claim will be centered around a 5x5x5 (or larger) living area with a locked chest or furnace inside to determine who owns the building and when the claim was
[08:58:03] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r so why does that place which doesnt fit those rules.. im sure you can infer
[08:58:33] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r a gold shovel claim is always legitimate regardless of what is built inside it, it just can't serve as measuring point for the 100 block rule, we can only measure from the edge of physically placed blocks
[08:59:00] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r and where does it say that
[08:59:12] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /warp claim
[09:02:38] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r /warp claim explains how gold shovel claims are protected pieces of land, no where here does it specify the dimensions of what must be built inside
[09:03:06] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r on the rules forum you sent me, its very clear though?
[09:03:46] [Async Chat Thread - #451/INFO]: [Expert] Lukie ⁂ >> im asking how that place constitutes the 100 block rule when it doesnt fit the rules.
[09:03:58] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r if you would like to dispute the area in question under the noob hut removal thread due to the lack of 5 block height, yo uare more than welcome to submit a request
[09:04:16] [Server thread/INFO]: Lukiewookipookie issued server command: /r no, lets stay on topic
[09:04:48] [Server thread/INFO]: melaniebeedot issued server command: /r i don't have time to continue discussing it further with you at this time, i have to take my daughter on a few errands, so if you'd like to DM me in dicord i can respond to your further points later
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Switching off of my red, going back to black text.

There it is, all laid out for you. Countless instances of disrespect and several instances of you refusing to cooperate with staff. Your ban was very just, and came from a buildup of intolerance towards your self-righteous and egotistical attitude towards staff. I admit I made an error in removing the build for you when I should not have, but the backlash I received was absolutely uncalled for. The way you spoke to all of us (esp, Melanie, and myself) were what got you banned, not just the final conversation you had with Melanie. Hope that clears things up.

Messages In This Thread
Ban Appeal - by Divergent_ - 05-22-2024, 05:30 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Nether_Ruler - 05-28-2024, 11:13 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Nether_Ruler - 05-28-2024, 11:15 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Divergent_ - 06-01-2024, 09:55 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Nether_Ruler - 06-02-2024, 04:24 AM