• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 month rule.
I strongly disagree with this suggestion. The entire point of this server is to be able to build at your leisure with no fear of your structures being destroyed with the stringent no-griefing policies. I think it would completely ruin the spirit of HomeTown for builds to be available for demolition just because someone wasn't online for a month or two. Especially with such a short time frame; one month isn't a very long time.

As others have already mentioned, not everyone plays Minecraft consistently, and sometimes stuff happens in real life that takes you away from your computer unexpectedly. I personally play video games obsessively for weeks (or months), and then may not touch them for weeks (or months) suddenly. I see no reason that myself or anyone else should be essentially punished for not playing Minecraft consistently.

If any rule like this were ever applied, I feel it would have to be based on many factors, not just the amount of time someone has been offline. Factors such as:

-How long has the person been inactive?
-How complete/incomplete is the build in question. Also, how large is the build or claimed area.
-How many other builds does the person have?
-How much time has the person spent on the server in total?

Putting these together, you could have instances like this:

-Person A has been offline for two months, their build is large incomplete, but they have 9 other builds and have spent many hours on the server-- this person could likely return and their build should be left untouched.

-Person B has been offline for three months, their build is complete but small, and they have no other builds. They have spent only an hour on this server-- this person has invested very little time in the server and their small build will likely go unmissed if removed.

Using more variables seems like the only "fair" way that anything like this could be determined. Even then, it would give the mods a lot more work to bother with, and there's still the all-too-likely chance that a short-time player will return after a four month hiatus and throw up a fit over their tiny treehouse that's now been paved over by someone's horse track.

That being said, the mods have said many times that they do not allow people to claim land without the intention to use it. A lot of the time noob huts are used to claim territory, so deciding if a noob hut has been used for this purpose-- or if it's the genuine home of a noobling-- could open up a whole different discussion on this topic.

All this aside tho, I highly recommend that you plan before plotting a build. If you know that you are going to expand, claim a slice of territory that will allow you to do so. If you use your land for builds and don't just sit on a massive claim without touching it, the mods will understand.

Messages In This Thread
1 month rule. - by SirPlaysMC - 12-23-2016, 02:34 AM
RE: 1 month rule. - by ManaHasu - 12-23-2016, 02:41 AM
RE: 1 month rule. - by SirPlaysMC - 12-23-2016, 02:43 AM
RE: 1 month rule. - by Oshakai - 12-23-2016, 02:45 AM
RE: 1 month rule. - by SirPlaysMC - 12-23-2016, 02:52 AM
RE: 1 month rule. - by Oshakai - 12-23-2016, 03:07 AM
RE: 1 month rule. - by ManaHasu - 12-23-2016, 03:08 AM
RE: 1 month rule. - by Patty - 12-23-2016, 07:19 AM
RE: 1 month rule. - by Susiron - 12-23-2016, 12:40 PM
RE: 1 month rule. - by Bigassmofo0204 - 12-23-2016, 10:53 PM
RE: 1 month rule. - by firegene - 12-24-2016, 09:43 PM