The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nether is fair game
I doubt any of these items will gain any traction, but I'll propose a couple of ideas anyway:

1) I've been on several servers, in the past, where the Nether was a no-holds-barred wild-west free-for-all. The rest of the server areas were strictly controlled, not unlike HT, but the Nether was PvP-allowed, and no claims. On most of those servers the Nether was reset, on average, every 1-3 months. This is an extreme suggestion, and only lightly proffered. 

2) Claims, overworld or nether, must either be actual "claims" or signified by effort, ie: a 'reasonable effort or build' of some sort ( sorry, but imo, a few weak blocks slapped down in the middle of a plateau with a sign stuck in it is not fair or reasonable when used ad nauseum ). Obviously, if you build something, there should be protection afforded, but dropping a sign on a nether fortress or ocean temple or random plot of land, or other resource, that simply reads "claimed", while no effort is made to improve or secure, or really provide protection for the area, should not be valid

I had a couple other points on this same theme, but I'm not expecting any kind of warm reception to even these, so I'll wait and see what kind of scorching retorts I'm subjected to before expanding on this theme.
"Taste Sauce, from which all spices flow! Drink up, ye Pirates here below! Until the Kansas School Board calls, Praise Noodles, Sauce, and Meaty Balls! RAmen!"

Messages In This Thread
Nether is fair game - by OrkasaurusRex - 12-30-2016, 12:53 PM
RE: Nether is fair game - by LynxThe1st - 12-30-2016, 01:31 PM
RE: Nether is fair game - by Nether_Ruler - 12-30-2016, 06:11 PM
RE: Nether is fair game - by Moonid - 12-31-2016, 01:00 AM
RE: Nether is fair game - by Geckorian - 12-31-2016, 03:47 AM
RE: Nether is fair game - by Star - 01-01-2017, 11:38 PM