• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: should there be more in the server shop or should it be removed?
remove server shop
more items in the shop
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
is the hometown server shop beneficial?
I think the server shop sits in a good spot as it it. Having a set group of items with a fixed price holds the economy relatively stable as items can always be related back to a fixed price. Having a fixed price of 50 per diamond creates a solid baseline in which other items and materials can be based off of by their rarity.

Items such as cobblestone, stone, other plentiful blocks has reduced due the the increasing supply of it and the demand of it doesn't keep up with how much comes into circulation. While this operates completely independent of the server shop, having other items operate this way would cause a slow collapse of the economy. Take diamond for example, at the moment there is (in my opinion) more diamonds circulating out of the server shop than anyone could reasonable need. If the server shop cut the price of diamonds, or removed them entirely, we would see a slow drop in almost all other items being sold at higher prices. This is due to diamond mining being a large majority of all the money coming into circulation on the server. Cutting the amount of money coming in, cuts the amount of money being spent, cuts the value of items.

Another point is that without the server shop, money wouldn't ever actually come into the game besides the small voting incentive of $15 per vote. This would lead to a (relatively) fixed total worth of the server and wouldn't offer any growth as once the money starts to flow towards fewer players, more people would be finding it difficult to purchase much.

and i lost my final point so gonna cut it short

Messages In This Thread
is the hometown server shop beneficial? - by JoesMine231 - 01-16-2017, 07:13 AM
RE: is the hometown server shop beneficial? - by JoesMine231 - 01-16-2017, 01:25 PM
RE: is the hometown server shop beneficial? - by NukedIceCream - 01-16-2017, 11:07 AM
RE: is the hometown server shop beneficial? - by JoesMine231 - 01-16-2017, 01:17 PM
RE: is the hometown server shop beneficial? - by JoesMine231 - 01-16-2017, 01:30 PM