• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: should there be more in the server shop or should it be removed?
remove server shop
more items in the shop
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
is the hometown server shop beneficial?
why the server shop should be removed on hometown.
at first you might look at this and think, whats wrong with having a server shop. well first it negatively impacts
the servers economy. why i say this is because there are several items that are not in the shop. this makes the
items that are in the shop worth more than every other item in the game. the cobblestone rate has gone down to about 1.50$ per stack of 64 cobble on average in player shops. but 1 diamond is worth 50$ in the server shop. whats happening here is that items in the server shop are worth way to much or player shops way to little, while items not in the shop are being inflated. i think it would be best to remove the server shop, or increase the number of items found in it. and it would also make a good impact to reduce the prices in the server shop as a whole if it is not removed. removing the server shop would make the economy up to the players to decide, but adding more to the shop would also benefit just not as much as before. if you do keep the server shop and add things to it, you should change the number of dollars in the /vote, there are 4 votes, each gets you 15$. that adds up to 60$ every time you take the trouble to vote 4 times, and not use those votes on other servers. that is 1.2 diamonds per 4 votes you make per day. this should definitely be changed, so please consider this. to make everything clear my idea is to preferably remove the server shop or if you really want to keep it then add more items to it. another odd suggestion but useful would be to take away the sell option of the shop, why i say this is that the less people that are depending on the server shop the better the economy, if you sell to it, nobody benefits except you if you sell to other players you all benefit, you might say there are not enough player shops that will buy the stuff but that is not true, and if you cant find one to buy it then it will encourage the player to make there own shop to sell there items instead of selling it at spawn.

the entire reason the server shop is there is to keep the servers economy from dropping like it did on the old server. having the server shop keeps from people selling things for less than the server shop. without it, the economy could very well fall down like it did on the old server.
[Image: Jh4Rh61.png]  

I think the server shop sits in a good spot as it it. Having a set group of items with a fixed price holds the economy relatively stable as items can always be related back to a fixed price. Having a fixed price of 50 per diamond creates a solid baseline in which other items and materials can be based off of by their rarity.

Items such as cobblestone, stone, other plentiful blocks has reduced due the the increasing supply of it and the demand of it doesn't keep up with how much comes into circulation. While this operates completely independent of the server shop, having other items operate this way would cause a slow collapse of the economy. Take diamond for example, at the moment there is (in my opinion) more diamonds circulating out of the server shop than anyone could reasonable need. If the server shop cut the price of diamonds, or removed them entirely, we would see a slow drop in almost all other items being sold at higher prices. This is due to diamond mining being a large majority of all the money coming into circulation on the server. Cutting the amount of money coming in, cuts the amount of money being spent, cuts the value of items.

Another point is that without the server shop, money wouldn't ever actually come into the game besides the small voting incentive of $15 per vote. This would lead to a (relatively) fixed total worth of the server and wouldn't offer any growth as once the money starts to flow towards fewer players, more people would be finding it difficult to purchase much.

and i lost my final point so gonna cut it short

but what happens when other things are reduced to much, and i see your point, but the 15$ per vote should be increased because now that the money is worth much less, you cant do much with it.

well the point is kinda to not have voting as your primary source of income

(01-16-2017, 10:46 AM)Patty Wrote: the entire reason the server shop is there is to keep the servers economy from dropping like it did on the old server. having the server shop keeps from people selling things for less than the server shop. without it, the economy could very well fall down like it did on the old server.

makes sense but wasn't a total solution everything thats not in the shop is inflated so why not lower the prices in that shop or add more items to the shop

the economy is doing pretty good rn, i don't really see a reason as to why we need to change anything. i personally don't agree with either of the opinions you let us choose in your poll.

but what happens when other things are reduced to much, and i see your point, but the 15$ per vote should be increased because now that the money is worth much less, you cant do much with it. money is now worth almost nothing when buying anything that is not in the server shop, things that are not in the server shop dont have any meaning, this takes down the building economy because it just inflates everything used for that building, its like the only thing that is relevant anymore is diamonds, and 1 diamond takes about as much work to find as a stack of cobble, so why should 1 diamond be worth 50 stacks of cobble? do you get what im saying? i understand that less people want those things, but the people who do buy it in bulk, several double chests at a time. i feel kind of like the ultimate goal for most people is not to make tons of money but to have the biggest and coolest builds, but the economy totally messes that up, and last time what was wrong with the economy, sure there were a few bugs and problems with it, but most of it made sense. blocks were worth more n some cases. people said that diamonds weren't worth enough, but thats all on the view point, most people who compare this economy to other servers say that a diamond here is worth less than there, but that isn't necessarily true, in some cases definition isn't really a bad thing. and the sell option in shop discourages other people to open up there own shops, and just causes a huge drop in shop owners. eventually most people will do nothing but mine for diamonds. in some cases deflation is actually a good thing, things actually matter and encourages people who understand that the servers economy is not comparable to other economy's on other servers, to go build shops and places for other people to put shops.

(01-16-2017, 01:22 PM)Patty Wrote: well the point is kinda to not have voting as your primary source of income

again makes sense but once you get the money in circulation it will in most cases keep traveling, and i totally agree with you on there needs to be more ways to get money into circulation, but i believe it should not be in the form of a server shop. fortunately there isnt a buy option there though.

well my point of thinking isnt that it is bad now, i just feel like it could be better.

well my point of thinking isnt that it is bad now, i just feel like it could be better.

sorry for the 2 posts.

if you realy dislike removing it, why not expand the server shop so other things wont be so inflated.

really