• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Worth playing
I've played lots of games over the years but I find I always fall back to a handful as my go to games.
1) Civilization III : there are like 6 in the series now and from the first to the current they have all been good games with massive re-playability but for me III is the best for casual turn based strategy.
2) Space Empires V : I found this back during SE3 and fell in love with the concept. Start with a planet and nothing, build up tech, tools, and design and build ships, explore the galaxy, conquer all. SE5 is the best version of this for the long game experience as it can take up to a month to finish a game and the tech tree is so expansive that each play is unique.
3) Unturned : an open ended zombie survival game that has MMO play as well as single player. I fall back to this game a lot when I get bored of others. You start out with next to nothing (or naked with nothing if it's your first play though), and have to find gear, tools, and clothes. You need to build shelter and can make tables, couches, lockers, etc. Tech tree is simplistic and you use character xp to buy from the tree. A few versions back they added professions and new vehicles, along with new zombie types. It's a game that tends to be more fun with a small group on a server but can also be fun on single survival. Only down side is once you get established, goals are non existent so you can get bored.
4) Banished : A recent favorite, banished is a town builder game. Premise: you starting townies have been banished from other colonial towns and are starting your own. Random seed generator for maps gives lots of replay and challenge levels.
5) Pharaoh : a very old city builder set in ancient Egypt. This game started back in the DOS days and has been updated many times over the years. Steam had a version at one time. The campaign play spans several dynasties, free play offers a good variation of maps with there own challenges.
6) Warlock & Warlock II : both are civilization-like but set in a fantasy world with different races to choose from. Both use the CIV 5 engine but have the added bonus of portals leading to other worlds. Single player can be a challenge and on line can be worse (or better if you and a friend co-op).
7) Knights of Pen and Paper (1 & 2): If you have played face-to-face paper and dice games this game will give you a laugh as its premise is gamers in mom's basement role playing out what you do in the game. As you level up you can earn items that give you benefits to add to the gaming table. Hard to explain to someone who has not done ftf games but it's on steam if you want to check it out.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

Messages In This Thread
Worth playing - by The_4thdoctor - 02-08-2018, 02:30 AM
RE: Worth playing - by victorycry - 02-08-2018, 03:12 AM
RE: Worth playing - by Geckorian - 02-08-2018, 05:09 AM
RE: Worth playing - by Jttiger21 - 02-08-2018, 09:58 AM
RE: Worth playing - by Cil - 02-08-2018, 11:04 AM
RE: Worth playing - by shisuan - 02-08-2018, 12:42 PM
RE: Worth playing - by The_4thdoctor - 02-08-2018, 02:53 PM
RE: Worth playing - by TheOnlyKat - 02-09-2018, 01:15 AM
RE: Worth playing - by Penguin - 02-09-2018, 01:23 AM
RE: Worth playing - by Sky - 02-09-2018, 03:53 AM
RE: Worth playing - by Penguin - 02-11-2018, 11:47 PM