The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): I was banned on the SMP Server

Minecraft name: JoesMine231

Reason for your ban: Here is what is says when I try to join the game: "You are banned from this server. Reason: for disrespect of staff, arguing with staff. by Geckorian."

Who banned you: Geckorian

Why should you be unbanned: Discussed below

Why do you want to come back: Discussed below

First If possible I request that a mod or an admin other than Geckorian and Hiyeko read my appeal and make the final decision. This is not an insult to either Geckorian's, or Hiyeko's performance as moderators.
      I would also like to express my gratitude for whoever reads my appeal. I appreciate your service on the staff team as well as the time you have taken to read my appeal. To avoid taking to much of your time I will shorten this appeal as much as possible. 
      Before discussing the ordeal that lead up to my ban, I think it is important that you know a little bit about my personality. I am very strong willed and I believe every opinion matters. I only make sincere apologies. I am extremely honest. Honesty is one of my core values. I care very much that others know I am innocent. I did not make this appeal just to get unbanned. The main reason is because I want to prove my innocence in this matter. I will give you the best and most accurate account of what happened as I possibly can. 
      I believe that this server is one of, if not the best minecraft server still around. I must admit I am very disappointed in the way the community ganged up on me after being put in the server jail. I did my best to both understand the situation and prove my innocence in the server jail. I feel Geckorian misinterpreted the situation. I was both humiliated and insulted by this particular staff member while in the server jail. As you know you can't send private messages while in the server jail. I was also called a liar, which as mentioned earlier, I take very seriously. He had no basis for calling me a liar and would not give me a single example of how I broke either the town rules or the server rules. I know what rules I am accused of breaking, but he would not give me the specifics of how I broke those rules. He insists I broke the following rules. 

Town rules 
no modifying houses

Server rules
Disrespecting Staff.

I showed him, nor any other staff member any disrespect of any kind. He refuses to tell me what exactly I said that he believed to be disrespectful. I assure you I was only interested in clearing my name and not disrespecting him or the town owner. 
      But on to how exactly I got in the server jail which lead up to my ban. I was having a discussion with the town owner about their town rules. note that I never insulted the town owner or any staff members. The town owner said that I could make a basement if it went down to bedrock. However, they also said they would mine down to bedrock for me and then let me customize the basement. Several minutes later I forgot that the town owner has instructed me to not customize it until they had dug out the basement themselves. I then proceeded to dig out the basement. The owner of the town saw and took away my building permission. After some more discussion Geckorian then interupted and told me he would handle the dispute. I told him that we could, and were, handling it and there was no need for him to mediate. unfortunately, he interpreted that as a challenge to his authority. When in reality I made no such attempt. I only meant to tell him that we were handling it and that we were not in need of help. This is when I was accused of disrespecting staff and sent to the server jail. I tried very hard to get him to understand but he wouldn't listen. If I denied an accusation or tried to prove my innocence he would then tell me I was arguing. Other than discussing it with him, how else am I supposed to prove my innocence. All I wanted was to clear up the misunderstanding. He indirectly influenced others to insult me in public chat. He did not tell them to to stop insulting me. now I want to make it clear once more, I did not insult or disrespect him or anyone else. As part of my personal code of conduct I do not even swear. I will admit I was frustrated, but I showed him no disrespect, if necessary I have several minutes of video evidence to prove it. I would still appreciate it if i could be provided with examples of how I disrespected him. He even stated that because the town owner was the town owner, that their words carried more weight than mine. I have video evidence of that as well.
      If there Is another issue that must be discussed, I will gladly share my thoughts about what happened. I am open to any thoughts, feelings, or suggestions. 

Messages In This Thread
Ban Appeal - by JoesMine231 - 03-28-2018, 07:41 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Geckorian - 03-28-2018, 09:36 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Star - 03-28-2018, 11:35 PM
RE: Ban Appeal - by JoesMine231 - 03-29-2018, 04:06 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Geckorian - 03-29-2018, 07:47 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Geckorian - 03-30-2018, 07:43 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by JoesMine231 - 03-30-2018, 12:51 PM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Geckorian - 03-31-2018, 03:44 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by JoesMine231 - 03-31-2018, 04:28 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by AmbularD - 03-31-2018, 04:35 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Geckorian - 03-31-2018, 04:51 AM