• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): I was banned on the SMP Server

Minecraft name: JoesMine231

Reason for your ban: Here is what is says when I try to join the game: "You are banned from this server. Reason: for disrespect of staff, arguing with staff. by Geckorian."

Who banned you: Geckorian

Why should you be unbanned: Discussed below

Why do you want to come back: Discussed below

First If possible I request that a mod or an admin other than Geckorian and Hiyeko read my appeal and make the final decision. This is not an insult to either Geckorian's, or Hiyeko's performance as moderators.
      I would also like to express my gratitude for whoever reads my appeal. I appreciate your service on the staff team as well as the time you have taken to read my appeal. To avoid taking to much of your time I will shorten this appeal as much as possible. 
      Before discussing the ordeal that lead up to my ban, I think it is important that you know a little bit about my personality. I am very strong willed and I believe every opinion matters. I only make sincere apologies. I am extremely honest. Honesty is one of my core values. I care very much that others know I am innocent. I did not make this appeal just to get unbanned. The main reason is because I want to prove my innocence in this matter. I will give you the best and most accurate account of what happened as I possibly can. 
      I believe that this server is one of, if not the best minecraft server still around. I must admit I am very disappointed in the way the community ganged up on me after being put in the server jail. I did my best to both understand the situation and prove my innocence in the server jail. I feel Geckorian misinterpreted the situation. I was both humiliated and insulted by this particular staff member while in the server jail. As you know you can't send private messages while in the server jail. I was also called a liar, which as mentioned earlier, I take very seriously. He had no basis for calling me a liar and would not give me a single example of how I broke either the town rules or the server rules. I know what rules I am accused of breaking, but he would not give me the specifics of how I broke those rules. He insists I broke the following rules. 

Town rules 
no modifying houses

Server rules
Disrespecting Staff.

I showed him, nor any other staff member any disrespect of any kind. He refuses to tell me what exactly I said that he believed to be disrespectful. I assure you I was only interested in clearing my name and not disrespecting him or the town owner. 
      But on to how exactly I got in the server jail which lead up to my ban. I was having a discussion with the town owner about their town rules. note that I never insulted the town owner or any staff members. The town owner said that I could make a basement if it went down to bedrock. However, they also said they would mine down to bedrock for me and then let me customize the basement. Several minutes later I forgot that the town owner has instructed me to not customize it until they had dug out the basement themselves. I then proceeded to dig out the basement. The owner of the town saw and took away my building permission. After some more discussion Geckorian then interupted and told me he would handle the dispute. I told him that we could, and were, handling it and there was no need for him to mediate. unfortunately, he interpreted that as a challenge to his authority. When in reality I made no such attempt. I only meant to tell him that we were handling it and that we were not in need of help. This is when I was accused of disrespecting staff and sent to the server jail. I tried very hard to get him to understand but he wouldn't listen. If I denied an accusation or tried to prove my innocence he would then tell me I was arguing. Other than discussing it with him, how else am I supposed to prove my innocence. All I wanted was to clear up the misunderstanding. He indirectly influenced others to insult me in public chat. He did not tell them to to stop insulting me. now I want to make it clear once more, I did not insult or disrespect him or anyone else. As part of my personal code of conduct I do not even swear. I will admit I was frustrated, but I showed him no disrespect, if necessary I have several minutes of video evidence to prove it. I would still appreciate it if i could be provided with examples of how I disrespected him. He even stated that because the town owner was the town owner, that their words carried more weight than mine. I have video evidence of that as well.
      If there Is another issue that must be discussed, I will gladly share my thoughts about what happened. I am open to any thoughts, feelings, or suggestions. 

I will be reviewing this in more detail soon but I felt the need to clarify a few items real quick. The first being that while other staff are always welcome to weigh in on a ban appeal it is usually left to the person who banned you to decide if you are unbanned (though on occasion, a higher staff may over turn that). Second, you might want to look on your computer for appdata/roaming/.minecraft/logs. you are going to need them.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

As you requested, I'll be looking over the appeal once you and Geckorian both present your sides and supporting evidence.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

Thank you very much.

I also invite your moderation, Star. Thanks for taking the time.

Sorry but this is going to be long.

Let me start with acknowledging some things I did wrong. At the time of the incident I was not aware of a staff fuction called soft mute that would have kept the conversation between the involved parties and not in an open forum. This would have prevented much of the input from the other players. Concerning the other players, I should have informed them to butt out of the conversation, however I was too involved in our conversation to pay attention to what they were saying. That is on me and I apologize.

Why you were jailed:
On more than one occasion during your interactions with staff that day you had made disparaging, disrespectful, remarks concerning staff or intimated that you knew better than staff what was or was not a staff issue. Below are some examples of this, along with the relevant conversations. Note that the first few lines (from Hiyoko's chat logs) I have adjusted the time stamp to account for the difference in time zone.

[16:00:05] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> also why cant i msg you?
[16:00:11] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Hiyoko >> magik
[16:00:21] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> you shouldnt do that when your mod
[17:18:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] hello, im trying to get Hiyoko to answer me, are they afk?
[17:22:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] i dont know what is going on
[17:22:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] I came into it mid conversation so not sure
[17:24:57] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] i think there getting revenge for me saying that they should make it so that people can msg him
[17:25:19] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] i need one building moved
[17:25:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] its the same problem deal thing as yesterday
[17:25:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] the same complicated mess
[17:25:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] but once it is moved once more it will be over with
[17:27:06] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] normaly w/e isn't used for random moves, also that is an admin thing.
[17:27:29] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] its more complicated than that
[17:27:36] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] Hiyoko refuses and answer
[17:27:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] or let me explain the problem
[17:28:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] mabye ill just wait until rayz gets back on sometime

At this point is where this should have ended. Since you had dealt with Rayz on the matter. You should have just ended it here and mail send Rayz about the house. However it continues.

[17:28:10] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] well, as neither of us can do anything for you, you might need to talk to an admin
[17:28:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] hiy was acting like he could fix it
[17:28:49] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Hiyoko >> i told you already
[17:29:04] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Hiyoko >> that builds in towns are not supposed to world edit moved
[17:29:16] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> your not letting me msg
[17:29:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> and its more complicated than that
[17:29:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Hiyoko >> i sat above you for more than 20 minutes
[17:29:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> for 5 min.
[17:29:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Hiyoko >> waiting for yer explanation

For the record: I logged back in at 17:18 and Hiyoko was already over you. At this point in the conversation it is 17:29 so you statement about 5 minutes is, at best, an under estimate, at worst, a blatant falsehood.

[17:30:10] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> your just getting revenge and you know it
[17:30:11] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] irrelivent JoesMine231. you need to talk to an admin not harras Hiyoko
[17:30:29] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Hiyoko >> your attitude isn't appreciated
[17:30:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] they are trying to troll me by acting like they can do help and then not doing it
[17:31:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] how did such a great server get them onboard their staff i dont understand how this happens
[17:31:15] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Hiyoko >> oi
[17:31:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] ohwell.

This is what I meant by disrespecting Hiyoko. You were mad that they were not able to help you and started lashing out like a petulant child when they don't get their way. As a mod, Hiyoko did not have access to world edit and you were told this. You were also told to take it up with an Admin and instead decided to slander Hiyoko. While you might not think this constitutes disrespect I certainly do and by Hiyoko's reaction above, so do they. Hiyoko, feel free to weigh in on this. And still it continued. . .

[17:31:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] no you are not being trolled. As mod's we have a duty to look into the situation and bump it up the chain if needed.
[17:32:09] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] they were not answering me
[17:32:20] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] so stop msging lol
[17:32:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] and they acted like they could move it, then you say they cant
[17:32:39] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] Hiyoko already said they ere doing something
[17:32:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] also i dont think mods are supposed to turn off their msg and force you to talk in regular chat
[17:32:59] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] i told him it was private, but he kept forcing it into open chat
[17:33:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] at this point JoesMine231, you are getting a bit whinny so I am going to ask you to end the conversation untill you can talk to an admin about it

To be fair, I probably should not have called you whinny here and I apologize for that. It was not professional. Unfortunately your attack on Hiyoko's character raised my dander as you can see below.

[17:34:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] ok but thats not doing your job
[17:34:34] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] it's not by job to mollycoddle you becuase your feelings got hurt
[17:34:58] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] your not looking into any situation
[17:35:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] BS we looked into it and told you to talk to an admin now drop it
[17:36:11] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] its about hieks {Hiyoko's} way of getting revenge, not about moving an unimportant building
[17:36:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] revenge for what?
[17:37:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] revenge for me wasting his time by accident and telling him how to do his job.
[17:38:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] the building is not a problem. if it cant be done, it cant be done.
[17:38:40] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] its the way he goes about it
[17:39:00] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] he, she i dont know whatever
[17:39:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] I fail to see where the revenge comes in
[17:39:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] nevermind
[17:39:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] you said you couldnt help with anything like that
[17:41:34] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] nope. you need an admin for w/e and as for you telling staff how to do their job, that's not realy your place.
[17:44:24] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Hiyoko >> first of all, world editted is only supposed to be used for official events, or for relocating builds that are within 100 blocks of another person who complained
[17:44:39] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Hiyoko >> secondly, i didn't say i would relocate your build, i asked where it was and why it was moved
[17:45:14] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Hiyoko >> thirdly, it was much more than 5 minutes,
[17:45:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] there they go again announcing it to the public chat, great
[17:45:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] i told them not to over and over
[17:46:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Hiyoko >> and you seem become erractic when things don't go your way
[17:47:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Hiyoko >> and lastly, as staff, first and foremost, we are players and it is not our jobs to attend to your needs and desires

The final straw came a little while later when you were having a conversation with Kitty about moving you house to her town and putting in a basement. I had been watching the conversation for a while and when it became clear that there was an issue I stepped in to mediate.

[18:21:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [VIP2] kitty] if he won't follow the rules of your town, you are within your rights to kick him out of it.
[18:21:53] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> you took away my acess to my own chests
[18:21:56] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [VIP2] kitty >> NO access
[18:22:06] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[VIP2] kitty -> me] i have tried! he wont leave!
[18:22:19] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] EasterRed >> JoesMine231 why not just leave
[18:22:32] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [VIP2] kitty] you have actually told him to leave the town?
[18:22:56] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[VIP2] kitty -> me] yes in a private msg many times. i said if he doesnt like it he can leave
[18:23:04] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [VIP2] kitty] kk
[18:23:36] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] Kitty has the right to set rules in her town. If you can't follow them you need to leave.
[18:23:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> i cant msg
***This was because I was invisible above you the whole time.
[18:24:02] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You are no longer invisible!
[18:24:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] EasterGecko >> try again
[18:24:09] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [VIP2] kitty >> msg who
[18:24:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] the problem is
[18:24:16] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] i bought a house
[18:24:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] and i wasnt told i couldnt even claim my own house
[18:24:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] until after the fact
[18:24:41] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [VIP2] kitty] did he pay money for a house?
[18:24:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] i was told i could add a basement, now they say i cant after the fact they said i could
[18:24:57] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[VIP2] kitty -> me] yes and i offered to give it back
[18:25:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] and all i ask of them, is reasoning behind the rules they make
[18:25:15] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] also this isnt a mods ordeal
[18:25:41] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] it is if you are trespassing cuz you were asked to leave
[18:25:55] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] i cant be tresspassing in my own house i bought
[18:26:16] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] also, were working it out, why are you being nosy
[18:26:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Player JoesMine231 jailed for 15 minutes.
[18:28:09] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] EasterGecko >> no you were jailed for trying to decide for yourself what is and is not staff buisness

Now, concerning the house at kitty's town, her town rules, the breaking of said rules and me calling you a lier, there is a lot to sift through there. Before I intervened I had watched the conversation between you and kitty, in passing. Upon reviewing my logs I am able to see in more detail what was happening.

[17:46:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] where can i put my build?
[17:46:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] idk, how big is it? i still havent fully decided. plus if u have ur own warp, why cant u put it there?
[17:48:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] like 4 of your houses combined
[17:49:41] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] oh ya sorry i think i dont really want that in my town just bc i have plans for my town... sorry Sad
[17:50:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] what if its underground in my house
[17:50:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] idk i cant have anything exceed the outline of the house. but idk
[17:50:58] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] why not
[17:51:13] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] bc of other houses
[17:51:24] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] oh they have basements to?
[17:51:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] if i built one
[17:52:03] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] the least you can do is let me add a basement for all that help i gave
[17:52:39] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] ill add a basement rn
[17:52:58] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] no i mean i add the basement
[17:53:20] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] im gonna add the outline so i know u dont exceed the boundary i want.

this dispute would continue for a while but there is some relevant points to be made. The first being that at no time did she give you permission to put in a basement. The closes to such a suggestion was this

[17:54:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] bc its my town and what if other houses want one? im sorry it has to be the house boundary
[17:54:19] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] also it can go as deep as you need
[17:54:49] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] if your worried about that i can put it deep down
[17:55:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] look im sorry i built this town, either make this build somewhere else or follow my boundarys
[17:55:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] not trying to be mean
[17:55:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] there isnt any logic in this, there is 63 blocks below sea level
[17:55:45] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] i can make the basement at berock if need be
[17:56:18] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] ok, but why were u complaining about expanding?

Now I might see where you would think her use of the phrase "ok" was giving you permission but if you read the context of the conversation you can see that it was simply an expression of her trying to understand why you did not understand that she did not want you building a large underground area. She even tried to compromise with you.

[17:58:18] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] well i still dont want u exceeding the boundaries, if u want, i will build however many layers down u need.

Despite what seems to me to be a clear statement from Kitty that this is her town and she does not want you to build the basement, that she will do it, you later started digging to put in the basement, after arguing with her about claiming the house in her town. To your defense, Kitty should have noted in her town rules, before you purchased the place, that claims were not allowed. However, your statement in your appeal that you "forgot that the town owner has instructed me to not customize it until they had dug out the basement themselves" also seems false given the relevant logs below

[18:13:11] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] i told u, no building
[18:13:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> what
[18:13:58] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] you said i could make a basement
[18:14:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [VIP2] kitty >> i told u, u didnt listen
[18:14:11] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] i said i would
[18:14:23] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] you said if i went to bedrock i could do it myself
[18:14:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] i never said
[18:14:33] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] that
[18:14:41] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] yes... you did
[18:14:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] i told u i would build it
[18:15:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] pls why cant u follow my rules

Again, it's possible you mistaken her use of the phrase "ok", for permission, but she still had instructed you that SHE would build it. Thus, by beginning construction yourself you violated two of Kitty's town rules, which I do have a screen shot of if Star wants to see.

Rule #2: do NOT start building wherever you want. Rule #3: please do NOT break anything in the house u buy

The conversation between you two would continue until I got involved and you were eventually jailed.

Now in your appeal you claim you did not break server rules. I would contest that you argued with staff, disrespected staff (as noted above) and this along with a long winded conversation while you were in jail lead to you violating rule #1: Be respectful to others at all times. and Rule #2: Do not be annoying.

In your appeal you claim "He had no basis for calling me a liar and would not give me a single example of how I broke either the town rules or the server rules. "

As far as calling you a liar, I have given Star a copy of the relevant logs where it can be clearly seen that you claimed Kitty gave you permission to dig when she did not. You claimed you were not given examples of rule breaking. Well:

[18:28:20] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> name a rule i broke
[18:29:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] EasterGecko >> how about disrespect?
[18:29:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  ---- Rules -- Page 1/2 ----
[18:29:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] 1: Be respectful to other players and staff. This includes racism, sexism, and backtalk.
[18:29:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> i have not been in any way disrespectful
[18:30:57] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Hiyoko >> enforce rule #1
[18:30:58] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Hiyoko >> no backtalk
[18:31:34] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> what name or rude thing have i said
[18:31:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> can i not know what i have been accused of?
[18:32:02] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] EasterGecko >> which time? when you dist me for talking to you or dist hioko for not doing what you wanted?
[18:32:45] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> please give me the specifics
[18:32:55] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] EasterGecko >> rule 1: be respectful
[18:33:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> how did i break that rule?
[18:34:40] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] EasterGecko >> by telling me and hioko what are jobs are
[18:47:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> in what way did i break the rule
[18:47:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [VIP2] kitty >> you never listened to me, you kept doing things i didnt want u to do
[18:47:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] EasterGecko >> part of staff's duties is to mediate disputes. It became my business when it was clear you were not agreeing to the town owners rules
[18:48:00] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> i did not
[18:48:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> break any town rules
[18:50:09] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [VIP2] kitty >> rule #2: do NOT start building wherever u want to. i said dont build yet u still did

Now this post is already running long so let me sum up that you asked what rules you broke several more times and was answered several more times.

Despite all this, I had not originally inteded to ban you. I would have been happy to let you go about your buisness if you had simply agreed to my offer.
[19:01:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] EasterGecko >> here is what we are going to do JoesMine231. Kitty will pay you back the money for the house and you will vacate the town.
However, you could not even commit to that and the dispute, which by this point had become a full argument, continued for another 7 minutes before I had finally had enough and issued the ban.

So to quote you in conclusion
[18:43:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> but facts, are facts

You disrespected staff, argued when you didn't get your way, attempted for force your way with others when you didn't like their answers, and refused to event attempt to see why what you were doing was wrong. I am going to defer whether you get unbanned or not to Star. My personal feelings on this are mixed. If the above is the kind of interaction staff and players can expect from you, I don't feel there is a place for you on the server. However, I don't like to see anyone perma-banned for something like this. I think everyone deserves a chance to learn from an experience.
I would ask, Star, that if you decide Joe deserves another chance, that you would require the condition that Kitty pays him back the $40 for the house in her town, he collects his personal belongings, and leaves the area. Kitty has requested he be banned from her town.
[19:05:56] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [VIP2] kitty >> no. you will be banned from my town. pls get ur things

First, I would like to point out that these logs are not complete and much of this is out of context. There are gaps in the logs, some of them quite big.  Also, I'll start at the beginning. Hioko was not involved in this. I simply felt that I was being trolled by the mod and so therefore informed you. I did not disrespect him, or say any rude comments about either him, or you. I would like to establish that I was never impolite or disrespectful to Hioko and that I was totally within my rights on the server. I would also like to point out that I had never met Hioko before and therefore did not know how he dealt with others on the server. The part about making Hioko wait for 20 minutes is not true, in reality it was actually around 7 minutes. Note, I did apologize for this and I did not purposely do it either. Hioko asked me where i wanted it moved and I told him that i had lost the warp name. I then found it after about 7 min. and asked him to put it there. He asked questions about the circumstances of why I needed it moved. I told him and then asked if he would move it. I waited for several minutes and asked a few times to make sure he had a chance to see it. I then thought I was being trolled because I thought he might be getting some revenge for the time I didn't mean to take away from him. I then contacted you. I first asked you if he was afk, and what was going on. Eventually it lead up to the point where you said that neither you or him were able to move buildings. At this point I really started feeling like I was being toyed with because I had gone through the whole conversation just to figure out from someone else that they couldn't help me out anyway. This is when I told you that I felt like Hioko was trying to troll me. I did not say anything offensive to, or about him. However, this began earlier and did not correlate much to the events leading to my ban until the point when I was insulted anyway.
     Next, onto the part where I told you that I didn't think you were doing your job correctly. This is a statement I made purely on the fact that the reasoning you gave for ending the conversation was that I was being "whinny." Shortly after this the conversation ended.
     Onto the discussion over the basement in the town. I said, "I can make the basement at bedrock if need be." Kitty then said, "ok, but why were u complaining about expanding?" To me this looked as though it was acknowledgment to me being allowed to mine down to bedrock and create a basement down there. Either this part turned into a simple misunderstanding later, or Kitty had forgot what she had said. Either way, I am not at fault for this. After this there is a substantial gap in between the logs that Geckorian did not paste. This gap continues all the way until Geckorian puts me into the jail. I believe I was put in there for trespassing on the owners property and not leaving when asked. The problem is, I was never actual asked to leave, I was told that if I didn't like it then i should just leave, but not told directly to leave. There was no indication that I was banned from Kittys town. She only asked that (if I don't like it there) then to just leave. For this reason I feel that getting into the server jail itself was wrong as I did not trespass. As I stated in my appeal, before the jail time I was not Disrespectful to Geckorian, I was only trying to explain to him that we had the situation covered and that we did not need any help. This is when I was teleported to the server jail when I meant no disrespect and did not break any town rules knowingly.
     In this large gap in the logs as well as the logs that happened after all these logs, several things happened that I feel are relevant to this ban appeal. One such instance was mysteriously getting muted when all I was trying to do was prove myself innocent and explain the misunderstanding that had taken place as well as being mocked by many other server members when they weren't even related to the incident at all. Also, ignore the "to quote your conclusion" because This is taken out of context. I had msgs before, and perhaps after that linked with this one. I am not instructed to leave Kittys town, or am banned from Kittys town until after I am already in jail. There is no reason For me to have been teleported to the server jail, and If the rest of the logs are brought up I will be able to show that there was also no reason for me to be banned from the server. I believe all the logs must be brought to light before a final decision can be made.

Your comments concerning gaps in the logs is correct. In order to keep my response as brief as possible I limited the logs quoted in the response to those relevant to the points. However, Star and the other staff have been given a copy of all logs involving interactions between you, me, Hiyoko, and Kitty on these matters and, upon staff request, I have no issue with providing them copies of all my logs for that day.

The mute incident was not relevant to points listed in your appeal so was not added as it had been the result of a misunderstanding between staff and I informed you of this at the time of it's happening and apologized at that time.

As for the rest of your reply: It is clear to me now that you are either unwilling or unable to comprehend why I felt disrespected by your comments to me or about Hiyoko. You also seem unwilling or unable to comprehend why pressing someone after they have given you an answer you do not like or agree with could be considered rude, disrespectful, or bulling. So I will simply leave it at that and let Star handle the issue from here, with my original comments to star at the end of the above reply standing as is.

Having a discussion with a town owner or asking them why their rules are in place is not disrespectful, against their town rules, or against the server rules. Trying to clear up a misunderstanding and then trying to prove my innocence and giving supporting evidence is not disrespectful. So no, I don't see where you felt disrespected and I asked you then as well as now what I said that was disrespectful. You will no explain to me how you felt disrespected. Also, I request that all the logs be shown as they pertain to this as well. I feel that all logs from just a few minutes before you got involved in the discussion between me and Kitty to just after my actual ban should be shown. It is very relevant. If you cannot provide me with what I said or did that made you feel disrespected then I am innocent of that charge.

The muting was my fault, and I apologize to Geckorian and Hiyoko for interfering in their case and failing to follow protocol.  But for the record, there was nothing 'mysterious' about it.  JoesMine231 had been given an explanation of his transgressions, and he continued to disrupt the chat at length.  I told him he was in violation of server rule 2D ('Do not be annoying in chat') and linked him to the rules.  He persisted, so I muted him.  That was all there was to that.