The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: Keep Phantoms or Disable?
This poll is closed.
Keep them! I love Phantoms!
31.91%
15 31.91%
I can't stand Phantoms! Annihilate them!
68.09%
32 68.09%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Poll: Keep or Ditch Phantoms?
So, Phantoms seem to be one of those love-'em-or-hate-'em things.

Personally I'm firmly in the "hate 'em" club, mainly because every time I get hit by one, it causes every parrot in the vicinity (including those nearby if I jump home to escape) to lose their minds and leave their perches, and then in addition to chasing down and killing the Phantoms, I also have to run around collecting parrots and putting them back where they belong.  I'm sure many of you are aware what a headache it can be to get the birbs to sit just where you want them.

Sleeping every three days prevents Phantoms from spawning, but it doesn't get rid of any that have already spawned, and IMO the drops just aren't useful enough to make it worth the trouble.

But, we've got quite a few Phantom fans on the server, so Frost has declared a poll to settle the matter.

Sound off, folks--what's your opinion?  Should we keep Phantoms or disable them?  ETA:  The poll will be open for 7 days.  Comments welcome.

ETA2:  For those concerned about Potions of Slow Falling, one way around this if Phantoms are disabled could be to petition Frost to include either membranes or the potions in one of the new slot machines that are soon to be installed.

ETA3:  It has also been proposed that they could perhaps be set to spawn in the resource world only, which I think is a fine idea.

ETA4:  Frost has now confirmed that if Phantoms are disabled, they will still spawn in the Resource world, and Phantom membranes will be a common item available in one of the new slot machines.

Messages In This Thread
Official Poll: Keep or Ditch Phantoms? - by AmbularD - 10-09-2018, 10:48 AM