• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: Keep Phantoms or Disable?
This poll is closed.
Keep them! I love Phantoms!
31.91%
15 31.91%
I can't stand Phantoms! Annihilate them!
68.09%
32 68.09%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Poll: Keep or Ditch Phantoms?
So, Phantoms seem to be one of those love-'em-or-hate-'em things.

Personally I'm firmly in the "hate 'em" club, mainly because every time I get hit by one, it causes every parrot in the vicinity (including those nearby if I jump home to escape) to lose their minds and leave their perches, and then in addition to chasing down and killing the Phantoms, I also have to run around collecting parrots and putting them back where they belong.  I'm sure many of you are aware what a headache it can be to get the birbs to sit just where you want them.

Sleeping every three days prevents Phantoms from spawning, but it doesn't get rid of any that have already spawned, and IMO the drops just aren't useful enough to make it worth the trouble.

But, we've got quite a few Phantom fans on the server, so Frost has declared a poll to settle the matter.

Sound off, folks--what's your opinion?  Should we keep Phantoms or disable them?  ETA:  The poll will be open for 7 days.  Comments welcome.

ETA2:  For those concerned about Potions of Slow Falling, one way around this if Phantoms are disabled could be to petition Frost to include either membranes or the potions in one of the new slot machines that are soon to be installed.

ETA3:  It has also been proposed that they could perhaps be set to spawn in the resource world only, which I think is a fine idea.

ETA4:  Frost has now confirmed that if Phantoms are disabled, they will still spawn in the Resource world, and Phantom membranes will be a common item available in one of the new slot machines.

Disable them. Don't really see a use for them, as long as the membrane is a slot machine item and not one that's too hard to get. Just about everybody sticks mending on the elytra and feather falling on their boots.
[img][Image: MzzZfHb.jpg?2][/img]

Enable in res world only is my vote

The phantoms are fucking irritating. I've been getting more and more frustrated with them around my castle when I'm trying to build.

I vote to Annihilate them!!!
"Permit my hazard into your plight. Once life sucked, now 'tis alright?" -Epros, Okage Shadow King

Ever since they were announced, I've considered them the stupidest addition to the game since Microsoft bought it. They're actually the most pointless and godforsaken game addition I've ever seen.
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

I mean, If we could have phantoms only enabled in the res world that would be nice, as it would contitute a way to get membranes. Otherwise, they are pretty annoying but I do like them as they're probably the coolest structured mob shape and texturewise. I'll vote no but I want them to be attainable in the resworld.
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

Yeh resworld would be ok, but I still vote to keep them because I find them enjoyable.
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

Get rid of the phantoms!!!
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

(10-09-2018, 12:39 PM)UberDeathBunny Wrote: Enable in res world only is my vote

I like this idea! You collect them only for resources so that's where they belong.
I absolutely hate them so much, I will try to help someone and we will be attacked by like 20 of them while I'm trying to do a roll back and get pushed about.
- KatNip

Can we name tag and house ones that we want to keep. You know, sort of like a novelty item, and them not despawn after they are disabled?

[Image: 7bNhSIS.png]