• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: Keep Phantoms or Disable?
This poll is closed.
Keep them! I love Phantoms!
31.91%
15 31.91%
I can't stand Phantoms! Annihilate them!
68.09%
32 68.09%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Poll: Keep or Ditch Phantoms?
Firespread is disabled, because it is a way to mass grief a large area over a prolonged time with minimal effort. Mob grief is disabled, as it is an alternative way for people to grief an area without leaving player data. Both disabled elements may also contribute to easier gameplay, however I don't believe they are disabled simply because they piss off people. On the contrary, several players have expressed the desire for firespread to be enabled to clear away forests easily.

Nevertheless, this is a non-grief, relaxing smp server; relaxing meaning that there is no end game goal and people can do whatever they want as long it doesn't violate the rules, while smp standing for survival multiplayer.

It is up the the player to find an appropriate method of surviving. I myself have tested, that it is indeed possible to afk for 10 hours without both /godmode and /fly. It is just a matter of finding a way to survive while enjoying the pleasures of minecraft.

Also, on separate relevant node, the next Minecraft update is said to have another hostile mob. In my opinion, it is silly to remove a part of the game because you no longer have the easy life and cannot adapt.
In a mmorpg sense, every game will have their nerfs and buffs, whether you can utilize is up to the player.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official Poll: Keep or Ditch Phantoms? - by Hiyoko - 10-15-2018, 05:12 PM