• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Suggestions for New Ranks
(12-27-2015, 02:27 AM)Veo Wrote: i'd like to see vip removed into like perks only and no prefix, i think that would also help with the bias with welcoming back vip's and not regular players, but i can imagine this idea won't be a fans favourite

(12-27-2015, 03:02 AM)Sarah Wrote: Might I add, Veo's idea was quite nice also . I've had a few friends of mine say before, that they would ignore anyone who had a player rank. Almost as if they didn't matter, because they weren't vip or advanced.
Also, quite a lot of people, might i say myself, worked very hard to be mature and respectful and helpful on the server to obtain the former Experienced or Advanced Rank... because now instead of working hard, following rules, being mature, etc, it can just be covered by voting. 

I agree with both Veo and Sarah about the rank name recognition thing. I have honestly been guilty of this myself. The overwhelmingly vast majority of disrespectful, immature, and trouble causing people are non-donating and non-ranked, so many people tend to assume the whole group of Players consists of these people. The overlooked fact that we need to remember is that the majority of respectful, mature, rule-following players are also non-donating and non-ranked. We forget how many worthy unnoticed people there are because we only notice the ones that are higher up in the social hierarchy. There's a term for this in psychology. It's called a Representativeness Heuristic.

That being said, I do not necessarily believe removing VIPs from titles is the best way to go. In reality, this is another thing that encourages people to donate, supporting the server.

This is not to say something shouldn't be done about this. I am grateful that I was, in the end, noticed as a smol Player. After all, it was a VIP friend who cared enough to see everyone who they were as a person, not just for their rank, that gifted me my first VIP (I later paid it forward in a few months by gifting another friend her VIP1-2 upgrade).
Despite this, I will not that I never really had a friendly/meaningful conversation with Trusted/Staff member until I was VIP3, or even maybe AdvPlayer.

To answer the second part of Sarah's point, I felt that was at first, but I think I'm slowing beginning to see the new system for what I believe it was meant to do: organize people by time on the server and devotion so that it is easier for them to select people for promotions based on maturity and respect.
you can't take trash out of the oven
[Image: UvdzAjN.png]

Messages In This Thread
Official Suggestions for New Ranks - by frost - 12-27-2015, 01:50 AM
RE: Official Suggestions for New Ranks - by Lowri - 12-27-2015, 02:23 AM
RE: Official Suggestions for New Ranks - by Veo - 12-27-2015, 02:27 AM
RE: Official Suggestions for New Ranks - by Beo - 12-27-2015, 02:31 AM
RE: Official Suggestions for New Ranks - by Lowri - 12-27-2015, 02:36 AM
RE: Official Suggestions for New Ranks - by Beo - 12-27-2015, 02:45 AM
RE: Official Suggestions for New Ranks - by Sarah - 12-27-2015, 03:02 AM
RE: Official Suggestions for New Ranks - by Beo - 12-27-2015, 03:40 AM
Official Suggestions for New Ranks - by Danoir_ - 12-27-2015, 08:48 PM