• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Suggestions for New Ranks
This thread is a suggestion thread for this post about the new ranking system. Please read it first before posting here.
https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=47

Please post your suggestions on :

Perks for the new ranks
            - What perks should each of the new ranks have? (more sethomes, etc). Keep in mind not every rank increase should have a new perk.

VIP name ideas
            - New names to replace VIP1 VIP2 and VIP3

Where VIPs should fit in this rank system. 
            - Should they get their own ranking system with perks, should they fit into the current system, or something else?

Ah I commented on the other thread but here is what I said.
The VIP ranks could be named as military ranks, eg VIP 1 Captain VIP 2 Major VIP 3 Lieutenant as default.
However me personally being VIP 2 and ranked as Experienced I would like to still be able to get the ranks above experienced through voting but currently as votes were reset I need to vote 110 times to get again to my current ranks and then further to advanced. I propose that VIP ranks have the option to be named as the VIP 1 Captain VIP 2 Major VIP 3 Lieutenant or ranked Advanced with automatically 200 votes registered.
A further incentive to donate.
Just a thought Smile
Lowri
[Image: mclogic.jpg]

i'd like to see vip removed into like perks only and no prefix, i think that would also help with the bias with welcoming back vip's and not regular players, but i can imagine this idea won't be a fans favourite

Perks:
I think maybe homes should increase by 1 every 2 ranks.
Guest, Rookie: 1 home
Regular, Member: 2 homes
Experienced, Advanced: 3 homes
Adept and up: 4 homes
In other words, you gain a when you get promoted to Regular, Experienced, and Adept.
If you believe this is too many, it may also work to decrease the frequency of increase while sticking with a similar concept.

Creative access should be given to Experienced, as it corresponds to the old Adv.

I also like the idea of /co i for Advanced/Adept. I see it as being more beneficial than harmful, for sure. The more people with the power to check block logs, the more people there will be to check, report, and help aid in the process of handling grief. In addition, it is a general convenience that many players who have been on the server for months would appreciate/ would likely deserve (note the use of the word likely; there are of course exceptions).
Most of all, it is very hard to abuse /co i. What can possibly done with it to cause harm? It's not like /kick or /mute or /co rb.
I feel as though I get very annoying sometimes with my constant, "Hey Trusted, sorry to bother you, but who placed this? How long ago did I place this? Did I place this? Which was placed first?"
It was my personal opinion before the switch that AdvPlayers should have /co i.
I do not see anything wrong with this idea, but if there are objections/problems, let me know. I'd like to understand your viewpoint.

Perks like /pet and /nick and /kit color should NOT be given to any rank; they should be solely for VIP to encourage people to donate (I know many will suggest this).

VIPS:
Bronze, Silver Gold? Gold, Diamond, Emerald? Idk, I'm not very good at names, but I try xD I don't hate the name VIP as it is, but I can understand wanting something more creative/intriguing.

I think that VIP should be shown above Guest, Rookie, Regular, and Member, but once Experienced is reached, that takes priority. This is the point where many current Experienced were handpicked from before the switch, and it takes quite a lot of votes to get to. Most importantly, staff look to Advanced and Adept for manual Expert promotions, so those ranks should absolutely take priority.

Wow. This ended up being long. As you can see, I've put a lot of thought into these things. I want what'll be best for everyone, just like we all do. Thank you guys for giving us players the opportunity to have our voices heard. After all, the vast majority of users of the server are players.

Thanks!
-Beo
you can't take trash out of the oven
[Image: UvdzAjN.png]

Love everything you said Beo, well said that man Big Grin
[Image: mclogic.jpg]

I basically support everything that Beo just said

(12-27-2015, 02:36 AM)Lowri Wrote: Love everything you said Beo, well said that man  Big Grin

Thanks, I'm glad you agree!
(Also, *woman, not man Tongue)

Also, ty Turbo Smile

I completely support everything that Beo said.
Might I add, Veo's idea was quite nice also . I've had a few friends of mine say before, that they would ignore anyone who had a player rank. Almost as if they didn't matter, because they weren't vip or advanced.
Also, quite a lot of people, might i say myself, worked very hard to be mature and respectful and helpful on the server to obtain the former Experienced or Advanced Rank, although if we were vip or such the perks didn't really matter. It was just really nice to feel more you know, apart of the server, maybe I'm wording it wrong but it's not the same anymore. because now instead of working hard, following rules, being mature, etc, it can just be covered by voting. Voting should be an option , now its kind of well forced, if you want to rank up at all..

(12-27-2015, 02:27 AM)Veo Wrote: i'd like to see vip removed into like perks only and no prefix, i think that would also help with the bias with welcoming back vip's and not regular players, but i can imagine this idea won't be a fans favourite

(12-27-2015, 03:02 AM)Sarah Wrote: Might I add, Veo's idea was quite nice also . I've had a few friends of mine say before, that they would ignore anyone who had a player rank. Almost as if they didn't matter, because they weren't vip or advanced.
Also, quite a lot of people, might i say myself, worked very hard to be mature and respectful and helpful on the server to obtain the former Experienced or Advanced Rank... because now instead of working hard, following rules, being mature, etc, it can just be covered by voting. 

I agree with both Veo and Sarah about the rank name recognition thing. I have honestly been guilty of this myself. The overwhelmingly vast majority of disrespectful, immature, and trouble causing people are non-donating and non-ranked, so many people tend to assume the whole group of Players consists of these people. The overlooked fact that we need to remember is that the majority of respectful, mature, rule-following players are also non-donating and non-ranked. We forget how many worthy unnoticed people there are because we only notice the ones that are higher up in the social hierarchy. There's a term for this in psychology. It's called a Representativeness Heuristic.

That being said, I do not necessarily believe removing VIPs from titles is the best way to go. In reality, this is another thing that encourages people to donate, supporting the server.

This is not to say something shouldn't be done about this. I am grateful that I was, in the end, noticed as a smol Player. After all, it was a VIP friend who cared enough to see everyone who they were as a person, not just for their rank, that gifted me my first VIP (I later paid it forward in a few months by gifting another friend her VIP1-2 upgrade).
Despite this, I will not that I never really had a friendly/meaningful conversation with Trusted/Staff member until I was VIP3, or even maybe AdvPlayer.

To answer the second part of Sarah's point, I felt that was at first, but I think I'm slowing beginning to see the new system for what I believe it was meant to do: organize people by time on the server and devotion so that it is easier for them to select people for promotions based on maturity and respect.

I think Members should get /time. That command displays the time in a AM/PM 12/24 hour clock.
 ~ Member since February 2014 ~
[Image: 1v5bXnq.jpg]