• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Quote:Spart Wrote:                                                                                                                                                      

Well if you find it lacking, please tell me a few points which it is lacking in. It's like when you're designing a bridge. You design a bridge which is fully functioning, but the boss says "Make it better". So like, in what why do I need to make it better? Plus I have already said I don't even know who banned me. I left the game one time and didn't come back because I was busy. Then, 3 days later someone says that I'm banned. So basically, much like in the discord incident (which I don't know why I was banned for), I didn't know when I was banned and who banned me. Also as for effort, you can see that I'm bothering to reply and actually work forward into things so, really, you can't say that I'm lacking in effort for this appeal.

- To start:

Quote:Grimm_Wolfe Wrote:                                                                                                                                        

Just some constructive criticism, but this appeal is lacking after all the stuff you've pulled and the things you've said. Especially taking into account this is not your 1st ban, nor is this the first time you've butt heads with staff-members with your disrespectful demeanor–you also know how the staff-team feels about repeat offenders.

It's easy to say "I'm sorry", it's a whole other game to actually make us believe it's sincere–put in more effort.

Also, whilst I'm at it, your apology shouldn't sound like an afterthought. You should also try recalling the people you disrespected and in what ways you did specifically. Otherwise, your attempt at an apology sounds like an insincere blanket statement and makes it sound like you're not even sure yourself whom you've disrespected.
I already told you what points are lacking.  In general, longer written appeals are accepted more; you should know this after being here for so long.

- Your analogy does not work.  If I had to tell you what needed to be improved on, then your "bridge" is not fully functional.  You're assuming your appeal is functional when it's not.

- I saw your argument on the server over the Discord incident via PasteBin logs, you know why you were banned; you just denied you did it and started a massive argument over it.  As for who banned you, it's unlisted for a reason–you can put "I don't know" or "Unlisted" in that spot.

- You continuing to respond does not reflect an apologetic effort in which you understand how and why you were banned.  Apart from your actual appeal, you've just been arguing with me over your appeal.  It is an effort, but it's a misdirected effort that will not get you unbanned and is further reinforcing you'd rather argue than put forth the necessary effort into making a good appeal.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

Messages In This Thread
Ban Appeal - by Spart - 06-18-2016, 10:19 PM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Grimm_Wolfe - 06-19-2016, 04:44 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Spart - 06-20-2016, 01:47 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Grimm_Wolfe - 06-20-2016, 04:22 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Spart - 06-20-2016, 04:29 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by DK_ - 06-20-2016, 04:31 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Spart - 06-20-2016, 04:33 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Grimm_Wolfe - 06-20-2016, 11:34 AM