Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on: SMP

Minecraft name: spartan1960

Who banned you: I don't know, probably DK_ I think maybe

Reason for your ban: Disrespect, ignorance and back-talking

Why should you be unbanned: 

After spending 2 years on this server, I feel that it would be a shame that it ended so abruptly. I feel that the ban was necessary in somewhat shape or form and I realise that maybe some people don't like my sense of humour and I am sorry for that. 'Tis just me nature.

Why do you want to come back: 

I know I'm not the most popular amongst the staff, but for me there are a few people that I daily look forward to seeing whether you believe it or not. Also it'll look pretty shit to have just a cobble plan of a ship slap bang in the middle of a harbour. I think I have learnt from my lesson and I wish not to even interact with most people anyway. That'll keep the server a more tidy, clean and family friendly place shouldn't it?

Oh yea, whilst I'm at it, I would like to apologise to whoever I was being disrespectful to, probably the person that banned me on Discord for I don't actually know what reason still to this day.

Thank you for reading and sorry for wasting your time. Also, if you feel that you want to make a judgement now, feel free to actually take your time, I'm not going be active for a week or 2. Last push for the exams.

Just some constructive criticism, but this appeal is lacking after all the stuff you've pulled and the things you've said. Especially taking into account this is not your 1st ban, nor is this the first time you've butt heads with staff-members with your disrespectful demeanor–you also know how the staff-team feels about repeat offenders.

It's easy to "I'm sorry", it's a whole other game to actually make us believe it's sincere–put in more effort.

Also, whilst I'm at it, your apology shouldn't sound like an afterthought. You should also try recalling the people you disrespected and in what ways you did specifically. Otherwise, your attempt at an apology sounds like an insincere blanket statement and makes it sound like you're not even sure yourself whom you've disrespected.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

Hey,

So after reading your constructive criticism, I would like to say a few things.

First of all, my 1st ban had nothing to do with disrespect, but it is still there I know.

Second of all, I was believe it or not being serious. I don't not wish to hardly even talk to anyone any more. I feel that it would be the best since all I seem to get around is more grief and hate apparently, which I am sorry for.

However, I do wish to ask, to who exactly have I been disrespectful to because I have hardly even got into contact with staff after my first "bumping of heads". I would also like to know how I was offensive or disrespectful to those staff members. 

Also, I know how you may think that I was saying things in a sarcastic tone and such, but seriously, I just wanna go back and do my own thing.

Many Thanks.

(06-20-2016, 01:47 AM)Spart Wrote: First of all, my 1st ban had nothing to do with disrespect, but it is still there I know.

Second of all, I was believe it or not being serious. I don't not wish to hardly even talk to anyone any more. I feel that it would be the best since all I seem to get around is more grief and hate apparently, which I am sorry for.

However, I do wish to ask, to who exactly have I been disrespectful to because I have hardly even got into contact with staff after my first "bumping of heads". I would also like to know how I was offensive or disrespectful to those staff members. 

Also, I know how you may think that I was saying things in a sarcastic tone and such, but seriously, I just wanna go back and do my own thing.

- I never said your 1st ban was for disrespect, you said that.

- The Golden Rule of social interactions.

- For starters, if we have to post the evidence of how you've disrespected us, then you miss out on the chance to give us a legitimate apology rather than force you in a corner.  You said so yourself that your supposed "humor" got you into trouble and that you feel the ban was necessary.  If that's the case, then you agree that your "humor" may be offensive and that you should apologize for it.  Some introspection and memory will go a long way here.  If you still require the exact instances of your indiscretions, then DK will oblige the request.  However, I would advise against that request in favor of mulling it over; you would save face and be able to return easier without them marring your appeal.

- If you seriously want to come back, how about you put forth some of your seriousness into your effort and stop evading the responsibility of your actions.

HomeTown Rulebook

Ok so what do I do now?

Do what Grimm advised you to do.
[Image: sVvtyQE.jpg]

Which is? Put effort?

(06-20-2016, 04:22 AM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote: - If you seriously want to come back, how about you put forth some of your seriousness into your effort and stop evading the responsibility of your actions.

(06-20-2016, 04:29 AM)Spart Wrote: Ok so what do I do now?

(06-20-2016, 04:33 AM)Spart Wrote: Which is? Put effort?

It should be pretty obvious with my statement.  Your appeal–in its current state–is unsatisfactory.  I'm not the one who will accept/deny your appeal either.  That decision rests with the staff-member who banned you.  What I'm telling you is that your appeal needs work; that is all.  If you put the work in, you'll be considered.  If not, then there are other servers.

HomeTown Rulebook

Well if you find it lacking, please tell me a few points which it is lacking in. It's like when you're designing a bridge. You design a bridge which is fully functioning, but the boss says "Make it better". So like, in what why do I need to make it better? Plus I have already said I don't even know who banned me. I left the game one time and didn't come back because I was busy. Then, 3 days later someone says that I'm banned. So basically, much like in the discord incident (which I don't know why I was banned for), I didn't know when I was banned and who banned me. Also as for effort, you can see that I'm bothering to reply and actually work forward into things so, really, you can't say that I'm lacking in effort for this appeal.

Staff are not here to hold your hand and help you make the appeal better. As for you analogy with the bridge and your boss, he is not there to hold your hand and help make the bridge better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
[Image: rIcAAht.png?1]