• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Community Youtube Channel
Video 
Hello hometowners I have thought up a really nice idea and I hope you like it enjoy Smile

So heres the idea, we have a youtube channel (I think we should use the existing one) dedicated to all things hometown.Here is how this channel will work we have a application posted somewhere on the forum where people can apply to be apart of the channel.
Here is what I would make it look like(Note: The Rank Requirement may change):
Ign:
Rank in game(Advanced required):
Do you have a Mic?:
Do you have editing software?:
Do you have a recording software?
What type of videos will you post on the channel?:
Do you have previous youtube experience?
Why do you want to be apart of the hometown youtube channel?:
How often will you post on this channel?:
This application may be modified also the responses will need to be longer than a few sentences. Also once a new youtuber is selected they will be required to make a test video on private on the channel to see if the video is of decent quality and not recorded on a phone or something like that. Once a youtuber is chosen they will get a youtube rank in game this rank allows the player to block out chat and pms while recording while still allowing them to type commands in. It also notifies people when they are recording. The new youtuber will also get the channel password to access it if they abuse the channel they will be punished (idk what it would be because if they mess up the channel they arent doing anything wrong in game). Also they must follow all youtubes rules if they get a strike on the channel they will be punished. We would also need artist to make thumbnails and channel art. Now this all may be cool and all but what are the gains? Well here they are.
-Gives a unique attribute to hometown that no other smp server has
-Can have a impact on the players joining the server because they know they are on a server that has something others dont
-Gives players a reason to vote
-Gives players a chance to share there creations/experiences on another platform while still being able to play with friends and on the server they like.
-Gives the community something to look forward to watching on youtube from their favorite server
-People will start collaborating with one another to make a huge collaboration videos stregthening the community as a whole
-Spreading the server around youtube will get a higher player base
So this sounding nice well keep reading there are some other cool benefits people that dont have forum accounts can get alerts through youtube like if the server is down or the server will have an event soon, also this has a benefit for frost to because he can showcase any new features he feels like adding. This also gives a platform for trailers for events or new pluggins can go. The youtube channel not only will serve as a great way to connect with eachother but it will make hometown a more social and less split group of people because we would be able to see everyones progress and amazing builds in the game. So those are my thoughts if you have anything to add or say PLEASE say it below and i really hope this ends up happening I would LOVE to be apart of this so please consider frosty <3 Much love ht -donk

Also Communication will be through discord
Have a great day!  Angel

1. You can add YouTube videos from other channels into a playlist on your channel. Other people don't need to know the hometown YouTube's password. Only frost needs to know. People can send them their YouTube videos and frost can add them to the channel or choose not to if he doesn't think it's quality enough.
2. We would need to download a plugin or something so that the YouTuber can block out chat and notify everyone else when he's recording. Also, what if the YouTuber, while recording, doesn't see that he is being told by someone to get off of their property? An option to mute chat completely is not a good idea.
3. For the thumbnails and stuff, we can just use the hometown logo at the top of this page or something. We don't need another logo.
-DrBot

(07-07-2016, 10:41 PM)Salak Wrote: 1. You can add YouTube videos from other channels into a playlist on your channel. Other people don't need to know the hometown YouTube's password. Only frost needs to know. People can send them their YouTube videos and frost can add them to the channel or choose not to if he doesn't think it's quality enough.
2. We would need to download a plugin or something so that the YouTuber can block out chat and notify everyone else when he's recording. Also, what if the YouTuber, while recording, doesn't see that he is being told by someone to get off of their property? An option to mute chat completely is not a good idea.
3. For the thumbnails and stuff, we can just use the hometown logo at the top of this page or something. We don't need another logo.

You can muste chat any ways so that isnt a problem the issue is you cant use commands while its off so thats why we would need it and there ia no way around that so thats why we would need a pluggin also staff would be able to bypass the chat block if needed thats would be dumb if they couldnt. Also frost may be able to upload the videos but what if hes busy and the person wants the video uploaded at a certain time or what if frost has to upload 1-3 videos on the same day, I have personally done youtube videos and somethimes rendering and uploading one video can take 1-3 hours it also slows your computer while its happening so that is why i people would need the password and the channel is not even used anymore so there wouldnt be a huge issue with it being used. Also to get in the channel we would need a secure application and you would have to be a higher rank to apply staff isnt going to let a guest go onto the channel and punishments can be set up if they do not keep the channel in good condition. Thanks for reading and replying-donk
Have a great day!  Angel

I made a YouTube channel for me making cinematics on this server. But you would need to constantly check the channel for anything inappropriate. I personally don't think this would be a good idea, there's already a lot of change happening. I don't think anyone really wants something to maintain atm. I would think about doing it later in the year, or towards 2017.

(07-08-2016, 03:36 AM)Nitro Wrote: I made a YouTube channel for me making cinematics on this server. But you would need to constantly check the channel for anything inappropriate. I personally don't think this would be a good idea, there's already a lot of change happening. I don't think anyone really wants something to maintain atm. I would think about doing it later in the year, or towards 2017.

The youtubers would maintain it once they are accepted as a youtuber they would be responsible for the channel also maintaining it wont be hard if multiple people are on the channel also the restart will add even more video ideas to the channel so i think it still would be be possible even if the server is resetting. Thank you for replying-donk
Have a great day!  Angel

(07-08-2016, 01:16 AM)Donkey Wrote: Also frost may be able to upload the videos but what if hes busy and the person wants the video uploaded at a certain time or what if frost has to upload 1-3 videos on the same day, I have personally done youtube videos and somethimes rendering and uploading one video can take 1-3 hours it also slows your computer while its happening so that is why i people would need the password and the channel is not even used anymore so there wouldnt be a huge issue with it being used. Also to get in the channel we would need a secure application and you would have to be a higher rank to apply staff isnt going to let a guest go onto the channel and punishments can be set up if they do not keep the channel in good condition. Thanks for reading and replying-donk

I don't upload to Youtube so I'm not entirely sure about this, but I don't think frost has to upload each video. People can upload it on their own profiles and then frost can add it to one of his playlists. Doing this would make him not have to upload each video. People just send a link to frost and he watches and adds. This would also be a way to check for inappropriate videos.
-DrBot

Personally I would say this is more hassel than what you really think it is donk. Not only do we have things that keep us plenty busy now, you would want to add this where it would add more stress to the staff. Why do you think we would want to filter through people's applications just for a YouTube channel and then have to monitor said new videos that are being put up. Not just that, you are advocating this as you want to be the first one to have this from what I see and if that's the case just go start a YouTube channel and record on hometown with that. Why you feel the need to add all this extra stress with everything else we have going on is beside me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
[Image: rIcAAht.png?1]

(07-08-2016, 04:46 AM)vilneas Wrote: Personally I would say this is more hassel than what you really think it is donk. Not only do we have things that keep us plenty busy now, you would want to add this where it would add more stress to the staff. Why do you think we would want to filter through people's applications just for a YouTube channel and then have to monitor said new videos that are being put up. Not just that, you are advocating this as you want to be the first one to have this from what I see and if that's the case just go start a YouTube channel and record on hometown with that. Why you feel the need to add all this extra stress with everything else we have going on is beside me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I would have to apply like everyone else im just saying it would be a good idea but i can see how it would be stressful  thanks for replying.
Have a great day!  Angel

Donkey, how about you start it? Make the channel. See who might want to make some videos for the channel. The staff don't have to handle everything.
-DrBot

(07-07-2016, 01:55 PM)Donkey Wrote: The new youtuber will also get the channel password to access it if they abuse the channel they will be punished (idk what it would be because if they mess up the channel they arent doing anything wrong in game). Also they must follow all youtubes rules if they get a strike on the channel they will be punished.
(07-08-2016, 01:16 AM)Donkey Wrote: people would need the password and the channel is not even used anymore so there wouldnt be a huge issue with it being used.

The primary issue with a community-owned channel–in my eyes–is how fast it will likely be abused and shutdown by YouTube's system.  I does not take much for a channel to be terminated nowadays, especially if someone were malicious enough to try deleting all the legitimate content people uploaded via a terms-of-service violation.  In my time here, we have a handful of former, disgruntled players actively–and repeatedly–disrupt our server with DDoS and spam attacks over a long period of time.  An application process can be lied through for the sole purpose of trying to ruin a channel.

If players want to start up a channel, that's fine; I won't stop them.  However, I would not expect the staff-team to regulate it in any official, structured manner and I would advise against letting anyone potentially join via an application.  As Vilneas pointed out already, we have enough on our plate as is, too.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook