The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Community Youtube Channel
Video 
Hello hometowners I have thought up a really nice idea and I hope you like it enjoy Smile

So heres the idea, we have a youtube channel (I think we should use the existing one) dedicated to all things hometown.Here is how this channel will work we have a application posted somewhere on the forum where people can apply to be apart of the channel.
Here is what I would make it look like(Note: The Rank Requirement may change):
Ign:
Rank in game(Advanced required):
Do you have a Mic?:
Do you have editing software?:
Do you have a recording software?
What type of videos will you post on the channel?:
Do you have previous youtube experience?
Why do you want to be apart of the hometown youtube channel?:
How often will you post on this channel?:
This application may be modified also the responses will need to be longer than a few sentences. Also once a new youtuber is selected they will be required to make a test video on private on the channel to see if the video is of decent quality and not recorded on a phone or something like that. Once a youtuber is chosen they will get a youtube rank in game this rank allows the player to block out chat and pms while recording while still allowing them to type commands in. It also notifies people when they are recording. The new youtuber will also get the channel password to access it if they abuse the channel they will be punished (idk what it would be because if they mess up the channel they arent doing anything wrong in game). Also they must follow all youtubes rules if they get a strike on the channel they will be punished. We would also need artist to make thumbnails and channel art. Now this all may be cool and all but what are the gains? Well here they are.
-Gives a unique attribute to hometown that no other smp server has
-Can have a impact on the players joining the server because they know they are on a server that has something others dont
-Gives players a reason to vote
-Gives players a chance to share there creations/experiences on another platform while still being able to play with friends and on the server they like.
-Gives the community something to look forward to watching on youtube from their favorite server
-People will start collaborating with one another to make a huge collaboration videos stregthening the community as a whole
-Spreading the server around youtube will get a higher player base
So this sounding nice well keep reading there are some other cool benefits people that dont have forum accounts can get alerts through youtube like if the server is down or the server will have an event soon, also this has a benefit for frost to because he can showcase any new features he feels like adding. This also gives a platform for trailers for events or new pluggins can go. The youtube channel not only will serve as a great way to connect with eachother but it will make hometown a more social and less split group of people because we would be able to see everyones progress and amazing builds in the game. So those are my thoughts if you have anything to add or say PLEASE say it below and i really hope this ends up happening I would LOVE to be apart of this so please consider frosty <3 Much love ht -donk

Also Communication will be through discord
Have a great day!  Angel

Messages In This Thread
Community Youtube Channel - by Donkey - 07-07-2016, 01:55 PM
RE: Community Youtube Channel - by DrBot - 07-07-2016, 10:41 PM
RE: Community Youtube Channel - by Donkey - 07-08-2016, 01:16 AM
RE: Community Youtube Channel - by DrBot - 07-08-2016, 04:35 AM
RE: Community Youtube Channel - by Nitro - 07-08-2016, 03:36 AM
RE: Community Youtube Channel - by Donkey - 07-08-2016, 04:12 AM
RE: Community Youtube Channel - by vilneas - 07-08-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: Community Youtube Channel - by Donkey - 07-08-2016, 05:25 AM
RE: Community Youtube Channel - by DrBot - 07-08-2016, 12:49 PM