Option 2
57.84%
107 57.84%
Total 185 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Official Poll on Reset
(07-09-2016, 10:21 AM)HorseGirl7311 Wrote: Will balances be set to 0 or to 100, like when you first start the game?

Your Friendly Neighborhood Clumsy Goofball Nerd

Best Playlist Ever (Always Growing):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...VOYZLv-_MG

(07-09-2016, 10:17 AM)Rashky Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 10:12 AM)Susiron Wrote: Option 1.

I'd say Option 2 if the old world could be placed in spectator mode rather than adventure. I'd like to be able to fly around so that I can see all the details of my taller builds and replicate them

Flying will be enabled, that should be enough, don't you think? Spectator would be violating privacy and the building rights of players.
I still think that spectator mode would be entirely more practical and offer a better ability to view the old world and the builds in it. It would especially be nice for navigating complicated builds, and I'd personally love to see how my underground builds look in spectator mode.
I don't think that keeping players outside of a house you can no longer access or use yourself is much to lose. I get that some people will have different opinions about this, but this is mine

Epic, please do not guess.  Let staff reply.

Your starting balance will match that given to new players in option 2, what ever that turns out to be as the economy is rebalanced.
/Rowebot

(07-09-2016, 10:22 AM)Rowebot Wrote: Susiron, I believe the wording could be better.  Option 2 will allow flying in the old world.  Not as flexible as spectator.

Yeah, the wording could definitely be better :/
I see that now, but I'd still prefer spectator mode personally for the flexibility it could offer. Knowing that I will be able to fly definitely makes me feel better and much more open to Option 2, though.

Also, assuming that Option 2 is what happens (based on the poll) and we're able to fly but not build, we also wouldn't be able to do things like open doors, right?
I ask because I'll have to make sure to leave all my doors open if only fly is enabled.

The option 2 was at first spectator, I just analyzed it logically, why they would change it to adventure, but what came to mind was that, remember, in a server, its not possible for the opinion of you alone to be valid enough, you have to expect what other people will think about it in the future, one of the reasons why ./lock exist is to respect people rights,  if a person would enclose a build, and but a lock, restricting access, you have to respect that, spectator would be violating those rights. So please understand that the option 2 its for a greater good, you have to also think of the newest players, to have the right to build and spark their creativity, and the oldest players, that many are tired of the same things and they want to start fresh again, in the Hometown community, without changing to another server.

More practical means nothing to me. The time I used to build those builds are immense. I would not want to build my iron farm or guardian farm again. it is pure tediousness that I would rather not go through again. Will I build for another three years straight and another reset??? That is unthathomable.

i still dont understand why people cant bring builds. it is not like its a competition. maybe set a benchmark for builds that are epic enough to warrant bringing? case by case. make it an application process to weed out people who dont really care at all? surely theres something that can be done? take all my cash, take all my diamonds, my cats, everything. just let me bring my build.

A lot of the reason people do lock things is based on them not wanting other people to enter locations they are currently and actively using. If the world is no longer in actual use, many of the locked areas will no longer matter to the users who locked them-- especially farms and areas that would be easily susceptible to annoying grief or people using them without paying.

The world's large enough that the odds of someone finding a well-hidden build somewhere are probably slim anyway. Even if they did, unless the user left signs with their name, the build would remain completely anonymous.

I don't doubt there are players who don't want people to look at their builds, but I also don't think it's as big of an issue as you're making it out to be. I imagine there are other users who would also love to see the world in spectator mode, not just myself. It would make it easier to explore the world and replicate underground builds and locations

(07-09-2016, 06:31 AM)Patty Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 06:30 AM)LynxThe1st Wrote: OPTION 2
pls

plsplspls yes

I love the idea of being able to see the old world in the 2nd one I don't like the shared inventory's in the 1st one

(07-09-2016, 06:48 AM)The_4thdoctor Wrote: i've hoped for option 2, i allready have plans for the new world if that one gets chosen

same cant wait ot make a base with Cactus Patty and Guy :3
Have a great day!  Angel

(07-09-2016, 10:51 AM)Donkey Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 06:31 AM)Patty Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 06:30 AM)LynxThe1st Wrote: OPTION 2
pls

plsplspls yes

I love the idea of being able to see the old world in the 2nd one I don't like the shared inventory's in the 1st one

(07-09-2016, 06:48 AM)The_4thdoctor Wrote: i've hoped for option 2, i allready have plans for the new world if that one gets chosen

same cant wait ot make a base with Cactus Patty and Guy :3
donkles ily
[Image: Jh4Rh61.png]