No
76.92%
10 76.92%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock Market pluggin after RESET
I have worked out a basic set of policies and ideas for the Stock market pluggin. That I hope many people will consider with the reset taking place soon. Please be open minded and make sure to leave comment with your opinion on the matter.

So IK that this may seem a bit spammy and this is the only time I will be making this post for a few months till the idea is dead . so I might as well Explain what the stock market is

HOW THE STOCK MARKET WORKS: Basically we have people that own shops and business and towns run their own stock on a stock exchange called the HTX or HomeTownEXchange. This allows people to back up the business that they love to buy sell and invest for the long term and future of business that are successful on this server. IT allows all people to be apart of what happens to what they like and go to buy and sell things. And with a little programming and changes to the code of the plugin we can make it so there are time periods that you can own the stock . there would be short term stock and long term stock . short term is stock you own for 30days before an automatic sail or long term stock for 60days you own that stock before an automatic sale of that stock . Now this though does not discourage people selling the stock when ever they want after that point.

HOW TO GET ON THE MARKET: now to get on the market it involves someone owning a business , shop, or town . By talking to an admin much like setting up a warp , there would be a price that would be about 125$ just an early stage estimate. And with that and a deposit of the amount of cash you want . there would be a decimal put into place to make it a little cheaper so if you add a 50$ deposit you stock price starts at 5.0$ a share. and depending on the price the stock can go up and down based on how much people buy and sell into that business . For example IF we were to say every 100$ worth of shares bought would put the stock up 1.% or something like that . Now If someone wants their company out of the market accounce it on the forums and give people three days to sell before closing off the company. Per company people may only buy up to 250$ worth of shares and that allows it to be made fair .

BENEFITS: IT allows the server to have control over how much a commodity would cost in shops it allows the people to have control over what happens and does not have the mods admins or owners to have to interfere. IT also allows people to see where the server economy is leaning towards to adjust their business and towns to survive and for the long term. This allows the server to get in on the action of everything that happens on this inside and holds business more accountable for mistakes made to make a cleaner and more efficient economy. And finally it allows those newer players to invest and make money when they do not know what to do they can be dependable on them selves, ITs a way of keeping up with the big guys and allows the economy to be more even with more richer people then poor instead of there being a top 10% like we have now we would have a top 40% or even larger like a top 60% on the long term.

POSSIBLE EVENTS : Well with a stock market if need be for people to not get completely rich we could put a 1.5% tax on all money made and at the end of the month raffle it off to either the top voter or something like that or use the .5% for the end of each month and the 1% for special events like the birthday event or winter event. IT would be interesting.

I would be happy to run this for the server for free I just need the plugging and permission from admins to do this . I would be happy to build a stock exchange building an everything I would be responsible for the reports and all the information and numbers and so on. IT would be little to no hassle for the staff. OR if they wanted to they could have complete control over it all with me getting nothing besides a week in creative world to build an HQ for this stock exchange. Besides this kind of system would make the server a lot different from others stick our head out the window and get the attention this server deserves. it makes the server more business friendly and for those that treat their in game companies and business like a real world thing like my self it makes you feel more empowered and feel like there is potential with your business.

I hope people will consider and comment I understand if I get permbanned for this or something I guess I was a bit spammy with it but there is opportunity . I mean it could help stop people from going broke all the time. and I understand if I get  a strike on this post as well or even if the mods and admins don't want this to be the direction. Honestly just tell me so and I will delete this and saying nothing more of this. But IK there are people on the server that do think it is a cool idea . there are a tone that wanna see and don't see the harm in it . This could be something that help regulates what the price of shit finally is . I mean really you have someone who is for the most ppart trustworthy with money and cash and or someone willing to run it all for free. all I need is permission from staff and the plugin and an opportunity. Lets take a chance for once. I mean we are taking a huge risk with a server reset anyway and all that cash will forever be gone. 

I will be setting up a poll for peoples opinions to be called. and I am willing to take suggestions to make it more fair or make it safer for the people.

I've seen this plug in on YouTube and its seems nothing more than popularity contest?

In world of war craft it was proper stock exchange where availability of an item and supply/demand dictated price of an item.

I don't see how that works on the one I've just seen on YouTube.

Point being there could be a popular shop with buyers but quiet in chat and therefore low stock value.

I think it's open to abuse and cartels?

While this sounds like fun to me and would be cool to try out, honestly i don't see HT ever using this, as HT tries to keep things as simple as it can. I feel a stock market would be way to confusing for the majority of players. The eco while it seems likely it may get reset now too, the eco overall is only really a small part of HT in the grand scheme of things. For an eco server i'm sure a stock market would work good.
IGN: Genocore

SMP, it's called that for a reason, A stock market would be a bit too complicated as thor said.
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

I read most of that, but got a little lost, bored, and distracted halfway through, which leads me to believe that it's definitely too complicated for what the goals of HomeTown are, especially since many people have no prior knowledge about how the stock market works. Also, this could cause major inflation, which already seems to be sort of an issue in the economy. You suggested taxes, but I don't really think anyone's interested in being taxed, especially if they chose not to participate in the stock market.
It's an interesting idea, but it's just not really a good fit for HT.
you can't take trash out of the oven
[Image: UvdzAjN.png]