• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golden Shovel
Hi,

So I hear we are moving from Pstones to Golden Shovel.

I checked it out on YouTube and its an interesting idea and seems quite good.

I would like to know if once you protect and area does it go down to bedrock and up into the sky?

I ask because on youtube they had their server set up that way but it doesn't have to be like that.

Also, they said you could sub divide protection and run a hotel that way.

You can add people to trust for 1 protected area or all your protected areas, but this lets them use your chests.

They said you can exclude them from that though with commands.

You can earn more protection blocks. Ie you can protect a 10 x 10 x 10 box and you may have to put in game hours to earn the right to protect more blocks or go and buy the right.

I think it may work out better overall than pstones.

Certainly easier for renting out houses or doing a shared shop.

What you think?
Come visit my base and shop at:

/WARP MESA

Yes golden shovels work like they way you said from 0y to 256y (bedrock to sky limit) also subdivision are good for plot towns too

(07-12-2016, 05:04 PM)Hunto10 Wrote: Yes golden shovels work like they way you said from 0y to 256y (bedrock to sky limit) also subdivision are good for plot towns too

Sounds good, you think the 100 block build limit and cobble walls will still apply.

/WARP MESA

cobble walls?
-Chicky

(07-12-2016, 07:21 PM)chickenhead24 Wrote: cobble walls?

You know, you build a house, and then 100 blocks in all directions they advise you build a cobble wall to clearly mark your land.

/WARP MESA

(07-12-2016, 11:20 PM)undormant Wrote:
(07-12-2016, 07:21 PM)chickenhead24 Wrote: cobble walls?

You know, you build a house, and then 100 blocks in all directions they advise you build a cobble wall to clearly mark your land.

I think so.

From testing done it does not go to bed rock. Just below what you have built and should extend down as you build with no need to make new zones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
[Image: rIcAAht.png?1]

Vil, from my reading, the default configuration is just below your claim and goes down with you as you dig down. It can be configured to be 0 to max build limit (256). Or configured to be any fixed lower limit (for example above diamonds) and fixed upper limit.

I prefer the default myself but there is some merit to setting the lower limit above the diamond ore mining band. This allows diamond miners to not be blocked by claims above them.

But if we still have a resource world, then having claims be 0 to 256 would be nice.
/Rowebot

(07-12-2016, 11:53 PM)Rowebot Wrote: Vil, from my reading, the default configuration is just below your claim and goes down with you as you dig down.  It can be configured to be 0 to max build limit (256).  Or configured to be any fixed lower limit (for example above diamonds) and fixed upper limit.

I prefer the default myself but there is some merit to setting the lower limit above the diamond ore mining band.  This allows diamond miners to not be blocked by claims above them.

But if we still have a resource world, then having claims be 0 to 256 would be nice.

I kinda like this idea.

/WARP MESA

What I heard was it's 5 blocks below your original claim and all the way to the sky.
star was here
dk was too
so was vil
Grimm was here, too.