• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golden Shovel
watched a few short vids on this and I like the idea. Admit that I always thought the Pstones were too limited. On some of the vids I watched the claim radius was based on game time played. Are we looking to do this too? Or perhaps a set limit of range, or a limit of range based on rank?
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

(07-13-2016, 12:17 AM)Geckorian Wrote: watched a few short vids on this and I like the idea. Admit that I always thought the Pstones were too limited. On some of the vids I watched the claim radius was based on game time played. Are we looking to do this too? Or perhaps a set limit of range, or a limit of range based on rank?

Personally I'd be against it being based on rank. People of every rank make large builds and I feel that they should have the same opportunity to protect those. Of course staff see and can rb grief but say a new player makes a massive villager center or something. I would say based on play time or something along those lines.

Just my 2 cents

I believe it's play time or you can also pay for more blocks to protect.

I think admin can limit all of us to a upper limit of X amount of blocks protected to stop rich/long term players controlling too much land.

Golden Shovel is really great plugin is also better then protection stone reason that it is because Author that made protection stone never active on it anymore or keep updating it so it will glitch like it have for 1.10. Golden Shovel updates a lots and Author always active on it.

(07-12-2016, 11:53 PM)Rowebot Wrote: Vil, from my reading, the default configuration is just below your claim and goes down with you as you dig down.  It can be configured to be 0 to max build limit (256).  Or configured to be any fixed lower limit (for example above diamonds) and fixed upper limit.

I prefer the default myself but there is some merit to setting the lower limit above the diamond ore mining band.  This allows diamond miners to not be blocked by claims above them.

But if we still have a resource world, then having claims be 0 to 256 would be nice.

personally, I don't want someone digging under my build area and stealing all the ore that may be there. I would want the 0 to 256 protection. I had a bit of an issue with that on the last map and would like to see that not happen to people on this new one.

So will there still be LWC and CoreProtect in addition to this, or is anything completely unprotected if it's not in your claimed region? (I'm a bit new to Golden Shovel, so sorry if my questions are obviously dumb).

Also, there'll be a limit to how much land you can claim, right? I feel like this would be kinda unfair to players who want to actually use lots of land for builds.
you can't take trash out of the oven
[Image: UvdzAjN.png]

Core protect will almost definitely stay. The limit makes sense. I'm sure staff will give us plenty of claim blocks, enough so we can keep a lot of our builds protected. I think it's best if it's based on ranks and not play time. People might afk to get more claim blocks.
-DrBot

(07-13-2016, 10:12 PM)Salak Wrote: Core protect will almost definitely stay. The limit makes sense. I'm sure staff will give us plenty of claim blocks, enough so we can keep a lot of our builds protected. I think it's best if it's based on ranks and not play time. People might afk to get more claim blocks.

I agree with the ranks rather than play time.
~/warp wool (free sheep farm)
~/warp leshop (affordable items)
~/warp smelt (free smelters)

Perhaps a combination of rank and play time. Something like each rank comes with a set number of blocks but you also get more the more you play (rough example: regular rank gets 100 blocks and when you go up to the next rank (can't remember what that is atm) you would get another 100 blocks. Plus you earn blocks for each hour played).
In this set up I would think that guest would not get starting blocks and have to earn them by ranking up or via play time.

(07-14-2016, 12:59 AM)Geckorian Wrote: Perhaps a combination of rank and play time. Something like each rank comes with a set number of blocks but you also get more the more you play (rough example: regular rank gets 100 blocks and when you go up to the next rank (can't remember what that is atm) you would get another 100 blocks. Plus you earn blocks for each hour played).
In this set up I would think that guest would not get starting blocks and have to earn them by ranking up or via play time.

Sounds fair, I'd like it to be 1000's for higher ranks, so escalating blocks via ranks.
Come visit my base and shop at:

/WARP MESA