• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need a new computer
I'd like to get some recomandations for a new.stationary computer that is good for gaming and watching movies on, any suggestions?

(i currently own a shit hp laptop which sounds like the turbines of a passenger plane when it is active)

Pls help me find some better sulution
~Doc
"Permit my hazard into your plight. Once life sucked, now 'tis alright?" -Epros, Okage Shadow King

buy a lenovo Q180 and get Optifine and you'll be fine, like me; only 60fps at 13 render on SP and 30fps at 2 render on PvP servers for some reason...
The world has moved on, they say...

Or you could.. You know.. Get a halfway decent computer.

Of course it depends, are you just going to be playing minecraft? Or other games as well?

i just got my AlienWare Alpha i3 paid around $470

havent had any problem good enough for the lil bit of gaming i do
Ign : BigAssMofo

Joined HT in 2015
MIA since 2017
Back in Action: 2024

See if you can find an off-lease used Dell T3500 with Quad-core Xeon, Quadro 4000 card, 12GB RAM. I picked up 2 for $300 CAD each with Win 7 pro licenses and dual 1 TB HDD. Still have plenty of life left in these 5 year old units.
/Rowebot

(07-14-2016, 03:30 AM)Rowebot Wrote: See if you can find an off-lease used Dell T3500 with Quad-core Xeon, Quadro 4000 card, 12GB RAM.  I picked up 2 for $300 CAD each with Win 7 pro licenses and dual 1 TB HDD.  Still have plenty of life left in these 5 year old units.

Where did you get yours Rowe? :p

i7 6700k was released not long ago :^)
pricey
but incredible
also fucking NVIDIA AND AMD REALEASED NEW CARDS!
1080/1070/1060!
R9 480
Big GrinDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

should consider them Big Grin
FUCK YOU, IM FROM OAKLAND

(07-14-2016, 03:00 AM)thatguy3339 Wrote: Or you could.. You know.. Get a halfway decent computer.

Of course it depends, are you just going to be playing minecraft? Or other games as well?

Not just minecraft, i have portal, gmod, terraria, half life, sims... And more
(And yes i know some people hate terraria)
"Permit my hazard into your plight. Once life sucked, now 'tis alright?" -Epros, Okage Shadow King

(07-14-2016, 03:39 AM)thatguy3339 Wrote:
(07-14-2016, 03:30 AM)Rowebot Wrote: See if you can find an off-lease used Dell T3500 with Quad-core Xeon, Quadro 4000 card, 12GB RAM.  I picked up 2 for $300 CAD each with Win 7 pro licenses and dual 1 TB HDD.  Still have plenty of life left in these 5 year old units.

Where did you get yours Rowe? :p

Animation studio in Toronto sold off 12 of their old units through kijiji.ca (Canadians use kijiji more than ebay or craigslist).  They were upgrading, while I found the old units more than good enough for me.  I bought a much beefier T7500 from a private seller in Montreal as well through kijiji.
/Rowebot

However, don't buy a Macbook/iMac. They cost a lot, they sound as if they are going to explode when I'm gaming, and they don't have a separate right and left click. Skip apples computers. xD
[Image: UVOARue.png]
HACKER #3