• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitelisting removal.
I'll likely not be present at the time the server is opened 'to public' again, but I find the idea that at some point it will just open and only the few people lucky to be checking the announcements or the server will see that it's joinable as a bit unfair towards most people.

Everyone rushes for the newly generated areas and tries to claim a spot for themselves and I feel like after everything is done with setup for the server, people should be given about a day to be informed about the fact that the server is ready before it is publically opened.

What I'm actually suggesting is that after staff finishes setting it up, they post an announcement with an exact time that the server won't be whitelisted anymore so that no one's caught off guard or benefits from just randomly being on the forums while it happens.
[Image: 44d3388ebe.jpg]

We're planning on it. However, right now the biggest obstacle to our progress is on the hardware side, so we can't give any real updates for the moment.

What if the server opens at midnight for some people? They're gonna miss out on the goodies.

(07-14-2016, 01:24 PM)Rividium Wrote: What if the server opens at midnight for some people? They're gonna miss out on the goodies.

I dont see how this is not gonna happen since we have players from all over the world. But we have most from North America and Europe so we will try and do something there.....

No matter when the server opens up or if we have ample warning, someone is gonna be sleeping, at work, or otherwise unable to log in at that time. Also consider how many players we actually have and how many the server can have on at one time. Think the last time I played the max capacity for the server was 75 and I'm betting our active community is about double that. In the end, it is what it is. Those who can get on the moment it is open will, those who can't will have to wait. That's life.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

(07-14-2016, 01:24 PM)Rividium Wrote: What if the server opens at midnight for some people? They're gonna miss out on the goodies.

What goodies would they be missing out on exactly? In the overworld, theres what? jungle temples and villages? They hardly matter? Am i missing something? Im assuming the world will be big enough that there will be more room than any 40-50 players can explore in a month, so there will always be new cool places?
Sorry about that whole “shooting you” thing, but I know if you look deep into your heart, which is currently all over that tree, you’ll find a way to forgive me.

[Image: GU8OFOr.png]

A lot of little things, mostly. Yes, there are temples and villages to raid, which are an easy way to quickly get some food and maybe even armor and a diamond or two if you're lucky, but it's still a head start on finding that desirable building spot, taming pets (which should be much easier now that wolves don't despawn), finding other generated structures with treasure in them, etc.

Me, I'm hunting for an ice biome right away. Gonna need a lot of ice, and a lot of space for my plans.

(07-15-2016, 03:15 AM)Wrexial33 Wrote:

What goodies would they be missing out on exactly? In the overworld, theres what? jungle temples and villages? They hardly matter? Am i missing something? Im assuming the world will be big enough that there will be more room than any 40-50 players can explore in a month, so there will always be new cool places?

In the three years that the server has been open...

I joined 2 weeks ago and im still finding unexplored villages and temples...

It wont be a problem

I call BS^ legit everything in that world has been found and loaded, maybe Ocean Temples, but as for Villages, unless someone forgot to loot it or didn't care I seem doubtfull
Your Friendly Neighborhood Clumsy Goofball Nerd

Best Playlist Ever (Always Growing):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...VOYZLv-_MG

Maybe Yoda is referring to the resource world. I have been on HT for 2 years and a few weeks now. I remember finding lots of unlooted villages and some temples in my first year here which was the second HT year. But in the past year, I found none that had not been visited at least once -- as mod and animal delivery person, I have seen lots of the old world.

I don't think many (at least 1/4) of the temples and villages on this new world will be found until VIP's get /fly back in a month. Some of them are tucked into the damnedest little valleys or temples are buried with just 1 rooftop showing which is only clearly visible from the air with /fly.
/Rowebot