• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Server being whitelisted to deal with errors, 3AM PST - ? PST
This is an informative announcement in case some are confused why the server's whitelisted again. Periodically, we've been seeing people log in with their old inventories intact, including their enderchests. Naturally, this means there is huge potential for very overpowered items to come in too soon, giving them big advantages, as well as giving some people certain things they really shouldn't have in our new world order. While we've applied a band-aid fix to the tutorial in the form of deleting all of a player's items when they leave, that's not a perfect fix, as it also means anyone who accidentally gets sent there for whatever reason is stuck there until a staff member rescues them, unless they're okay with losing their current items - and that's if they're even aware of the problem!

In addition, we've had strange behavior from some players periodically logging in with flight - which is not only supposed to be turned off for the next two weeks, but also leaves them actually unable to turn it off since they can't use the /fly command! Before things get too far along, we want to get these things fixed, but we didn't want to shut things down during server prime time, because they're not actually going to be fixable until Frost wakes up and has a go at the server files. So, now that there aren't going to be any staff members around to keep an eye on things, we're closing shop for the night until we can fix the issues.

Frost plz wake up soon Big Grin
-DrBot

Aww shucks, Well I must congratulate staff and frost for doing this all, I used to have a small time server and that was a bugger to reset, So I do believe staff deserve a round of cheers!
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

Thanks for the update Arrei Smile Hopefully the issues are resolved soon!
[Image: tWuSvOo.gif]
Miniwoop-woop! 
Check out Warp Bshop! 

ffs i didn't even get to see the new server
"Permit my hazard into your plight. Once life sucked, now 'tis alright?" -Epros, Okage Shadow King

I had just enough time to find an ocean monument which was my goal

When the server is back up, can you let us know on the forums plz?
-DrBot

aww damn

BTW if anyone has founf a large island they don't want id love to take it, not just for me BTW
Your Friendly Neighborhood Clumsy Goofball Nerd

Best Playlist Ever (Always Growing):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...VOYZLv-_MG

I was looking forward to being a noob xD all well I can wait Smile
Thanks for reading my post :3

- Became Trusted rank in April 2015

(07-18-2016, 05:04 PM)Salak Wrote: Frost plz wake up soon Big Grin
Hes awake!! Frost is online

And now we wait, lol. I'd just like to say thanks to the staff who worked on getting the server up as fast as possible.
Happy waiting in suspense guys!
"No one is born hating another person because of the colour of their skin, or their background or their religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
~Nelson Mandela