Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
XRay Mod Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: Wisperino

Reason for your ban: Xraying

Who banned you: Grimm_Wolfe

Why should you be unbanned: 
From reading previous Xray appeals, I noticed that there are a series of essay-like questions that are required to be answered, so I am going to use this category (the "Why should you be unbanned" category) to answer those as best as possible, along with my actual answer to the question.

The first question that was asked, is why Xraying is bad by nature. I would like to think the answer to this is quite obvious, although I ignored it when I installed and used Xray myself. Xraying provides a completely unfair advantage to the user, as it allows the user to gain precious resources at a much faster rate than those who are not using Xray by showing their exact location. Some of these resources include, but are not limited to: diamond veins, dungeons, mineshafts, emeralds, and even strongholds. Xraying affects more than just the user though. When the Xrayer acquires these resources, it makes it so other players on the server cannot get these resources. It is very unfair to those other players, since because you were Xraying they had absolutely no chance of ever coming close to them. The Xrayer themselves can then go ahead and use those resources to gain an unfair advantage in the economy (which from my understanding in the short time playing on the server is fragile at the moment, due to the map reset). Xray is an external mod that, as far as my understanding goes, is not endorsed by Mojang, so installing it in the first place is "bad" of me. I realize that most, if not all servers do not allow Xray, but I had it on my client from a private MP server that was being hosted from my computer for some friends of mine. When I had decided that I wanted to start playing on an SMP server, I had not changed my profile. I started by using Xray to build tunnels underground from one base to another, which seems harmless, but it quickly went from that to easy diamond acquisition, which I now understand is very difficult, if not impossible to hide, and I am deeply sorry for letting my greed get the best of me.

The next question that was asked was how my Xraying affects others in the server. I explained that mostly in my previous answer, but to sum it up: I get an unfair amount of resources that would other wise be unattainable, and I throw the public economy off balance if I were to sell my unfairly gained resources.

The third question, how the server's economy if affected, I also believe has been answered sufficiently. (please notify me if I am wrong in this thinking, and I will go much more in depth as to how the fragile in-game Minecraft server economy is affected by a sudden influx if diamonds, and how/why this is an issue).

The fourth question is how will I learn from this moment, and how will I apply it to legitimately playing. First and foremost, I learned that even if I did try and hide it, I would most likely have been found out for Xraying, so attempting to cheat in future is something I will MOST definitely not even attempt to think about. I also learned, from the system in which I have to appeal (writing an essay) that cheating is taken VERY seriously on this server, which I appreciate as that is not the case on some other servers I have played on in the past. As to how I will apply this experience to legitimate play, I think it goes without saying that if I do manage to get unbanned, and if this patronizing apology is enough to be allowed back on this Minecraft server I will start to play legitimately like the rest of the players on the server, and learn to appreciate vanilla Minecraft for what it really has to offer.

And now for my official apology. I am deeply sorry for having cheated, by using Xray, on this Minecraft server, and I indeed understand the reason for my ban. I have read that most Xray appreal get declined, but I hope my sincerity and professionalism in writing this allows myself to be apart of the small group that does get a second chance. I also want to take this as a chance to commend the admins and staff of this server for their ability in finding the cheaters and keeping the server as a true semi-vanilla survival experience.

I think I should be unbanned because I have realized the mistake I had made in using my modded Minecraft profile for personal gain, and I feel a great amount of regret for having potentially ruined the Minecraft experience of other real people on this Minecraft server. I also believe in second chances, no matter how bad the offense, and I hope whoever reads this does aswell. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Why do you want to come back:
I have a pretty sick house and my friends play on the server.

You fully-read the formatting thread, read previous bans, answered all the question I was going to ask you, and sufficiently made your appeal an essay as per staff's usual request before I even had to tell you?

I am impressed.

Well, this is pretty cut-and-dry I suppose.  Just be aware that further indiscretions on server may result in a permanent-ban being placed on your account.  Welcome back to HomeTownMC SMP.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook