• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elytra/Dragon Head Giveaway?!?
Shocked 
Hello fellow HT players. 'Tis I, GingaPower2k, and today I've come for suggestions from you. After a long journey through the End, I have procured 6 Elytras and 6 Dragon Heads. Yes, I know, It's quite unreal. Since I love to help out the community, (and because I don't need 6 of each), I'll be hosting contests/giveaways for players who didn't have time to explore the End a chance to have such rare items.

What I have come to ask you, players, is this: What kind of contests do you think I should hold?

Here is a few idea's I have come up with:

-Mansion building contest (I dunno)
   -Minecraft Skin building contest

There isn't many options right now, so I'm hoping we can all come together to help make ideas. Please keep the ideas appropriate and logical. Any options that come up I will consider and later host a poll that will have all the competitions posted for a vote.

While I have you here reading this, I'd like to state one thing about the contests. If a player currently owns either the Elytra and/or the Dragon Head, the player cannot participate in the competition. This is so players that don't have the Elytra or Dragon Head can have a fair chance at procuring one.

After the competitions, Any extra Dragon Heads or Elytras will be sold, but we must wait for the economy to produce such funds.

If any other players have an excessive amount of Elytras or Dragon Heads, feel free to host giveaways as well! These help out the community and can even be used to your advantage.

EDIT: I forgot to point out that these giveaways wont be all on one day. They will span out over a set period of time.

That's all I have for this thread. Have fun and be creative! Big Grin
Big Grin The Official "Ginga" on the server Big Grin
Warps I own:
/warp Emporium
/warp Gingshop
/warp Rivertown
/warp minfo

What about grinder building contest, I'll win a head.

I'll do a skin building contest. May I ask. For whom is the skin for/who is it supposed to look like

I'll do a mansion building contest. Tongue
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

How many are you planning to give away? If many then you could do a few types of giveways. The most simple and 100% fair way is to have players post their IGNs on a thread and then use a random gen to pick the winner(s).

An idea that i would do if i could, would be to put players into a big area, and have them mine ores, the person with most ores wins, simple and fun as it's a rush vs time/others in the same area. The only problem is cheating, you would need a staff member to help you stop any cheating, namely make a world guard region and block /enderchest, /warps, /home and /back in the wg settings. Staff would not have much to do as it takes no more than 2 mins to set up the wg and takes 5 seconds to delete it afterwards. It's also for a good reason and a mini community event, whats not to like Smile - Oh, lastly, you keep all the ores they mine! = win.
IGN: Genocore

Maybe do, like Thor said a huge Abba caving?

Just give an elytra to me and dunno worry Smile
[Image: UVOARue.png]
HACKER #3

I HATE competitions, and im not good at any of those suggestions. In fact, im not good at anything in mc. And i dont have time for anything. So ill suggest minigame/adventure map making competition. Would be fun. Or parkor competition. Or anything. Im sure only in one thing: im never gonna have time for competitions, but id love to take on one. So in general, make one so the community will be happy.someone rich muther hubbard will win it anyways who already got about 1000 elytras. Big Grin
-0,0 days without a sh*tpost

-Forum dwelling since 2015! 

(07-23-2016, 02:10 AM)Rasse82 Wrote: I HATE competitions, and im not good at any of those suggestions. In fact, im not good at anything in mc. And i dont have time for anything. So ill suggest minigame/adventure map making competition. Would be fun. Or parkor competition. Or anything. Im sure only in one thing: im never gonna have time for  competitions, but id love to take on one. So in general, make one so the community will be happy.someone rich muther hubbard will win it anyways who already got about 1000 elytras. Big Grin

As I said in my original post, any player who owns an Elytra and/or Dragon Head will not be able to participate in the competition(s).
Big Grin The Official "Ginga" on the server Big Grin
Warps I own:
/warp Emporium
/warp Gingshop
/warp Rivertown
/warp minfo