• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Reminisce
Ok, so i had a bit of nostalgia with XeBot while collecting a list of current and old friends on homtown and decided to make this thread. You may or may not be aware, but I actually joined hometown for the first time in early 2014, having bought minecraft in 2013. HomeTown is the only non-minigame server i have ever played on (with one exception, mentioned later), and i am proud to say it.

So, i decided to share some little-known facts that may even surprise the old-timers (even you, Sai and Puff)

So, i joined HT in 2014. I was 14 at the time, since my birthday is in january. Even at that age, i was actually an admin on another server (not going to tell which one), and i came onto hometown because i wanted to spend time not being staff. HomeTown was a place to mess about, break the rules, and not worry about setting an example. I was very immature when i first joined HT, because it was my chance to have fun when not fixing grief on the other server (yes, i actually did that).

So there is the first little-known pengu fact. But you may have noticed i said 'break the rules' and oh, boy i did.

I joined HT with some irl friends, who no longer play MC and i cant even remember their usernames. You may find it shocking, but in fact we were a greif squad. We weren't idiots though, we planned. We X-Rayed diamonds, but made sure to break enough stone blocks so the logs wouldn't look suspicious. We also took shifts to make it harder to spot. Another friend, Callum, broke into /warp CEF and made a /home so we could get free ender pearls. When he got caught and banned, Gumdrum protected the area against grief. almost.

I found a window which Gum had missed, and used silk touch to get through. replacing the glass, i swam up the waterfalls covering the end farm and enderpearled onto the redstone. From there, i jumped in and set home. In fact, up until the reset the other week i still had 3 double chests of enderpearls, unused.

Soon, gum caught me and i showed him how i got in. He didnt ban me, and i decided to give up greifing. Soon after, i got promoted to AdvPlayer. By that time, all my friends were banned for grief (LOL).

So there you have it, this is the first time i have shared these stories and Lex please dont ban me ;~; Also, the other server i mentioned shut down which is another reason why i stayed on HomeTown after my friends had left.
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

/Ban Penguin x-ray no appeal
-DrBot

Heheheh... I kinda expected it tbf, but ya know that was years ago, and the items were deleted in the reset.

It's like saying you can get away with robbery and not be charged with the crime because it was years ago and the proceeds got washed away in a flood..... nice reasoning. You still xrayed. Time for a temp ban for whatever you have not paid.

Charlie xrayed, I just mined where he told me to Wink

X-ray investigations pre-HTA were... lacking, to say the least. Not going to claim what we do today under the "new" staff team is entirely foolproof, but people have gone on record of slipping past just by saying "That's how I mine" before, even after being blatant enough to actually catch the staff's attention in the first place.

Pre-HTA? What's that?

From what I've understood it was the butcher shop transition of the "Old Staff Team" to the "New Staff Team".
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

I remember when you founded an island home and I don't know what happened but you lost your sethome or something and you launched a server wide search for "Penguin Island"

That was the first time I really noticed you XD Little would I know you would become a shining star in the community

And Yes, the Hometown 1st Aniversary Event was a total disaster, the staff launched a strike against Frost leaving him to Ban them all, however while most accepted and left, Gum did the most heinous thing ever, He was an asshole, annoying, but nobody ever imagined he would do this: He, before getting banned, Deleted all the coreprotect logs, it was quite the somber time in Hometown after that, But it powered thru and now the server is arguable at its peak c:
Your Friendly Neighborhood Clumsy Goofball Nerd

Best Playlist Ever (Always Growing):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...VOYZLv-_MG

(07-26-2016, 07:50 AM)The_Epic_Legend Wrote: And Yes, the Hometown 1st Aniversary Event was a total disaster, the staff launched a strike against Frost leaving him to Ban them all, however while most accepted and left, Gum did the most heinous thing ever, He was an asshole, annoying, but nobody ever imagined he would do this: He, before getting banned, Deleted all the coreprotect logs, it was quite the somber time in Hometown after that, But it powered thru and now the server is arguable at its peak c:

That is absolutely HaLarious